Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-04-2018, 03:47 PM   #1801

Nice mod, Cannon, that was on my hit list to execute. Will be easier to do now that you figured it out for me.

I'll probably use a faucet that can accommodate a hose connection, or add a dedicated hose bib, to have a convenient way to add an outdoor shower on that side of the coach.

Where did you pull the water from? Hot and cold?
Lowmiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:59 PM   #1802

I looked at it and it's a 1000xl it's running now and fridge is turned off.
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 04:02 PM   #1803

I run hot and cold from lines right behind kitchen wall.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:05 PM   #1804

The main fridge
Old 02-06-2018, 06:59 PM   #1805

Kinked water lines

I think I seen where someone else had this problem. Had to replace kinked water lines to water pump. Replaced with pex.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:59 AM   #1806

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Water pump siphon test request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
I think I seen where someone else had this problem. Had to replace kinked water lines to water pump. Replaced with pex.
Hi Cannon. Welcome to the forum. That was me. Interesting note here: as a recap, Jayco Service in Middlebury IN, replaced the vinyl siphon hose to the water pump with pex as I suspected the kink was impeding water flow when I siphon water into the fresh water tank. It took a long time to siphon a 5 gallon bucket then. So they replaced with pex hose. I didn't test it until last Nov. Pretty much no change...seemed forever. I timed it again and it took 6 min 15 sec. to siphon 5 gallons. I'd like to hear from you guys, please, how long it takes yours for the same? We have another appointment up there for the end of July, soonest they can see us for our final 2 yr warranty work.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:29 AM   #1807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowmiler View Post
Time for me to contribute since I now have a 377 in my possession.

Repurposed this trash can from my old rig, was hoping there was going to be room to do so. Outlets can still be accessed with lid down, and plenty of air space around the CO monitor. I also repurposed the wood blocks that the can is screwed to from my last rig, they're there to space the can away from the island wall to allow the lid to pop up, need to stain them to match new wood decor.

22" space between foot pedal and wall, plenty or room to walk past normally:

Looks like the can is no longer available from Amazon, but here's the link for specs:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also added vent filters to all the in floor vents to prevent "stuff" from falling into them, picked that tip up from another member here, but not sure it's in this thread:

Todd

Was just telling my wife I wanted to put that style can in that exact spot.

—————————————————

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
2017 F350 FX4 DRW 6.7 PSD
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGW...jCx2yKWbNHxFpQ
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 08:30 AM   #1808

Quote:
Hi. I'm new to this forum or any forum so I'm trying to figure how to use it. Sorry if this is not the right place to post. I've enjoyed reading about all the mods and have done some of them ( a/c vent mods, bathroom back splash,cabinet struts). Thanks for all the good advice. I finally did my on mod and added a sink to outdoor kitchen.

Fantastic mod!! I wish the unit came with the sink to begin with.

—————————————————

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
Old 02-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #1809

Quote:
I looked at it and it's a 1000xl it's running now and fridge is turned off.

Mine does the same, many time I can hear it running when in the bedroom. Not sure why it just randomly will kick on and run. Just thought maybe it was a testing cycle or something.

—————————————————

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
Old 02-07-2018, 08:48 AM   #1810

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
Mine does the same, many time I can hear it running when in the bedroom. Not sure why it just randomly will kick on and run. Just thought maybe it was a testing cycle or something.

—————————————————

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
Seems like I read somewhere on here that is the cooling fan in the inverter that is making the noise when it cuts on and runs to cool the inverter down a little.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
2017 Jayco North Point 377rlbh with Kaut NV 2.0 bike rack
jasonmiddlebrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #1811

Quote:
Was just telling my wife I wanted to put that style can in that exact spot.
This location makes things a lot easier, than constantly opening the undersink cabinet.

We must be trashy people, since we seem to be throwing stuff out all the time!

Anybody know what stain best matches the 2018 377 wood?
Old 02-08-2018, 09:10 PM   #1812

Anybody find a soft close toilet seat that works in our unit?
Old 02-08-2018, 09:25 PM   #1813

Todd

I put a Dometic 310 in my trailer. It came with a soft close lid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #1814

Quote:
Anybody find a soft close toilet seat that works in our unit?
Funny you should ask because I have been looking around a bit for a replacement. I have a Thetford Aqua Magic Style II toilet. According to my measurements I am going to try this one.

Once I get it in and try to install it I will report back if it works or not. It was a little pricy but I liked the concept behind it and the reviews seem very high.

2012 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie DRW - High Output 6.7L Cummins, Max Tow, FireStone Airbags, 60 Gallon Titan XXL fuel tank, Fully Deleted
Old 02-09-2018, 01:05 PM   #1815

Cool, but I don't think that one will fit my throne.

I have 6" spacing on the mounts, and 15" widest on the seat.

Would I have the same toilet in my 2018 as yours? I haven't looked at my stack of manuals yet (sorting and putting them in an accordion binder this weekend).
Old 02-09-2018, 01:13 PM   #1816

Quote:

Would I have the same toilet in my 2018 as yours? I haven't looked at my stack of manuals yet (sorting and putting them in an accordion binder this weekend).
Not sure if would have the same one or not. My manual was generic for all the Thetford models, which there appears to be over 10 of them. And of course the identification sticker to tell me which one I had was on the back of the toilet about where it sits on the floor. So the cell phone came in handy since I was able to reach my hand back behind the toilet and take a picture.

This is the model I have.
Aqua-Magic® Style II | Products | Thetford

Old 02-09-2018, 01:20 PM   #1817

Quote:

—————————————————

2017 NorthPoint 377RLBH
Mine also does this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
twadd10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #1818

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmiddlebrooks View Post
Not sure if would have the same one or not. My manual was generic for all the Thetford models, which there appears to be over 10 of them. And of course the identification sticker to tell me which one I had was on the back of the toilet about where it sits on the floor. So the cell phone came in handy since I was able to reach my hand back behind the toilet and take a picture.

This is the model I have.
Aqua-Magic® Style II | Products | Thetford
So I did the same thing with my cell phone, and it shows a 42070 part number... which is not on Thetford's site.

Looks like the Aqua-Magic Style II.

Email sent to Thetford for clarification.
Old 02-11-2018, 11:00 AM   #1819

Swapped in a damper controlled vent in the bathroom, got smoking hot in there being right over the furnace.

Did a hard reset on the living room Furrion head unit which got it to play aux-in and DVD over the ceiling speakers, no more tiny TV speakers firing at the window.

Added a "baby minder" on the fold down mid bunk so my 10 year old kid didn't feel like she was going to roll off in the middle of the night. Didn't screw it down, weight of her on the mattress is enough, so I can easily take it out and fold up bunk. Plenty of room to the side of it for her to climb up with it in place.

Put all my factory docs into a 24 pocket expandable binder for quick reference.

And finally found some perfect motion sensitive lights to illuminate the control panel and my "junk drawer." Peel and stick metal plate is the mount and the lights attach via magnets to allow recharging via USB. They work so well I'm going to add a set to the cabinets above the TV so I can read the darn head unit buttons.

Old 02-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #1820

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
Very nice mods Lowmiler! I really like the lights in the control panel and junk drawer. Curious to wonder if they come on in transit and run battery down in on position? I see there's a on/off switch which is nice. Also, every 377 has motion lights in the master closet. We turn both lights off during transit. We had clothes, hangers, and both rods fall down on the hard freeway bumps, breaking the wooden sockets. We replaced with plastic ones. No more trouble.

And speaking on those closet lights, the DW has kept on me to remove the bugs caught in the lens. I was about to ask the group here if anyone has figured out how to remove the oval lens to clean? Scared at first of damaging them, I searched this forum, online, couldn't find anything. So I got out my old jewelers tools i bought from Radio Shack long ago and used the second smallest flat bit to carefully wedge between lens and frame to see if I could get it to come out. I wedged from the right end and presto after 3 tries! Insert tool, wedge lens inward and downward to pop the barb out, then carefully pull lens down. They have 5 small barbs, but the end probably gives more bend.

Hope this helps others in same predicament.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1292.jpg   IMG_1293.jpg   IMG_1294.jpg   IMG_1295.jpg  
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote