Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-17-2016, 03:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
It no worky! Wire it up correctly and the inverter fires up and supplies juice to the fridge.
Sounds logical. My fridge fires up nicely on battery power, but I couldn't get it to power up on shore power...no power at the receptacle. Just picked the unit up on Monday and drove 1000 miles back home so I haven't had a chance to really dig into it, so I'm not sure what's wrong. When I saw your post about yours being wired up wrong made me wonder. Thanks!

Catholic for a reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:28 PM   #22

Two trips with our 2016 377RLBH. It's a late 2016, so it has the reinforced slide supports. Some minor quality issues...
1) Had to re-attach a few trim pieces, Several were not nailed or glued, simply friction fit. Trim-gun made short work of that.

2) Dinette slide - top seal (under the slide topper) is loose - on the list for a post-season warranty repair.

3) Kitchen Slide (Scwintech) - Bottom seal "chewed-up" by roller. Also on warranty repair list.

4) Rear window - has a plastic bushing that guides the window in opening and closing. one of the bushings is broken, so window doesn't function properly. Also on list.

5) Three "bumps" on floor. Two on backside of island, one on front side. Also on list.

I view this as a small house, and originally coming from a construction / fire inspection background, this is a relatively small "punch-list"....

After looking at literally HUNDREDS of units over several days at last year's Harrisburg RV Show, we found no other brand that could consistently match Jayco's quality.

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:38 PM   #23
jsk

What is your maufacturing date if it is a late build 2016? The one I am looking at is 2/16. It is a 387RDFS
jsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:43 PM   #24

That's a late build
You even get a better awning
Old 08-17-2016, 09:52 PM   #25

As best we've nailed down, the improved slide supports started showing up around October 1, 2015. That's about when my order was finalized, and I took delivery right after Thanksgiving.

Feb 2016 is DEFINITELY a "late build". In fact, I'm surprised that they aren't calling it a 2017!

2014 RAM Laramie 2500 w/6.7L Cummins Diesel and Automated Safety Hitch
2016 377RLBH Jayco North Point
300W of Suntech Solar w/Rogue MPPT Controller & Xantrex 2000W PSW Inverter
Fire_Instructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:06 PM   #26
jsk

Confirmed with dealer today. Feb. 2016. I asking what mid year changes were made. Hoping they went to the 12" I beam like in the 2017.
jsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #27

No 12" frame on that build. Just 2017. But I am curious if they did the 12" on your gigantic rig.

You get up graded floor supports. (Still don't know if those are good)
You get the Travel'r awning instead of the garbage Longitude that us early builds got (I know of 6 that crumpled in the rain)
You can even put an optional motion detector on the Travel'r that will auto roll it if too much motion is detected.
And you get the under cabinet kick plate lights that us REALLY early builds didn't get.

Your screen door will have a better shaped plastic stricker that early builds don't have. Challenger Door changed those because the other ones don't close very well.

You will probably still have the long screws poking out of the vacuum bag mounting area that will hinder your bag mounting to the point of frustration.

Your cabinet doors that lift upwards will still not have any support mechanism and will be frustrating.

If you went with the optional back up camera you won't have an on/off switch... They discontinued that after a month .. Only. early mid builds got that.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:22 PM   #28

Klassic,

I am curious...how did you remedy the long screws in the vacuum housing? Cut them short on the inside? It is driving me crazy that I cannot use the Central Vac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
No 12" frame on that build. Just 2017. But I am curious if they did the 12" on your gigantic rig.

You get up graded floor supports. (Still don't know if those are good)
You get the Travel'r awning instead of the garbage Longitude that us early builds got (I know of 6 that crumpled in the rain)
You can even put an optional motion detector on the Travel'r that will auto roll it if too much motion is detected.
And you get the under cabinet kick plate lights that us REALLY early builds didn't get.

Your screen door will have a better shaped plastic stricker that early builds don't have. Challenger Door changed those because the other ones don't close very well.

You will probably still have the long screws poking out of the vacuum bag mounting area that will hinder your bag mounting to the point of frustration.

Your cabinet doors that lift upwards will still not have any support mechanism and will be frustrating.

If you went with the optional back up camera you won't have an on/off switch... They discontinued that after a month .. Only. early mid builds got that.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:15 PM   #29

I took it back to the dealer and they put the screws through the other way.
I think they used thicker screws because the holes are pre drilled on the flange on the other side that the old LONG screws go through.

Pop out your unit and check it out. The screws that hold the vacuum in are half twist with a plastic "hook" on the other side that turn and squeezes against the wall. Pretty simple to take out.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #30

Low Clearance

Anyone having trouble with the rear jack clearance on the 377 when pulling in or out of service stations etc.?

I haven't busted out the tape measure yet, but it looks like I've got less than 6" of clearance at the rear jacks. I am riding a bit nose high, but I don't think it's too bad (again, I haven't measured it yet).

My B&W Campanion hitch is adjusted as low as it will go.

Catholic for a reason is offline   Reply With Quote