Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2015, 08:03 PM   #11
I had the issue with my last 5er and ended up putting liquid deodorizer in the gray water tank for the kitchen, problem solved.

Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:35 AM   #12
little oil

Add a little oil to the drains with p-traps, it will keep the water from evaporating and letting the stink back in. A teaspoon should do.

Magna-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #13
Originally Posted by Pegsmi98 View Post
We were the stink of the campground last summer over 4th of July. I looked flushed, bleached, soaped... you name i did what I could do to clean that damn black tank after we had gotten home. In the meantime we had unplugged and never dawned on us the sMell went away. Two week later we plug in again to get ready to go and a day later the smell is back, did I mention these tanks were clean... anyway I hear this sizzle by the batteries and stick my nose by it and boom the sulfuric gas stunk like sewer... bad batteries were culprit.

We had exactly the same issue year before last. We were at Kiptopeke State Park in Va.....I had them move us from the site we were....Camp Host kept telling me it was leaking grey water tank...to cut the covering underneath for closer investigation. Literally, got to sniffing around and discovered it was the battery.....disconnected...no more issues.

Doodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote

black water smell, cammode, foul smell, sewer smell