Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-27-2016, 10:30 AM   #31
Originally Posted by Cdash View Post
Truck lanes have bigger high flow novels. My 04 F350 and my 15 F350 fuel neck opening does fit these bigger models. Don't run them full out or you'll be covered in fuel. I'm not kidding.....

I generally try to avoid the truck lanes. Most aren't pay at the pump and you have to go in, get the pump activated, fill up, then go back in to finalize the deal. Too much work if another option is available with pay at the pump.

If no other option is available, I'll use them and tell them I'm a private vehicle. After filling, pull ahead so the next truck can pull up to start fueling while you're in paying.

No reason to be afraid.
I can also add that since I'm from Canada and my cards usually don't work at the pump anyway , I find these pumps really convenient while towing my 42ft fiver.

tortue71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 03:49 PM   #32
I have a 2011 F250 Diesel and the only place I stop for fuel is Pilot and Flying J, to use their truck pumps. One main reason is I have a fuel card and don't have to pay it until the next month but also, it's way easier pulling a 38' 5er to use the truck pumps. I've never had anyone ever say anything to me. I pay at the pump but always go in to pee, get coffee or a snack.

2016 Jayco Seismic Wave 310
2011 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
Andersen Aluminum Ultimate 5th Wheel Connection
2014 Polaris RZR 4 900
DirtTrailGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:35 PM   #33
I love the high volume pumps! I can fill my truck in a minute. Just don't use the lock. Learned that lesson the hard way.
Palle-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:40 AM   #34
Thanks Kim Gass!!! The truck stop app is great. It can show you a satellite image of the truck stop that will help.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2014 Jayco Premier 361REQS
Super Springs
Yamerhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #35
If you have a 250 or bigger truck, the bigger nozzels will fit and you can use the high flow pumps.

Be aware that diesel at a truck stop in Indiana will cost you more than is shown on the pump. the price per gallon will change when you swipe your card and it will increase to what they call the retail price. Problem is that if you had stopped at the regular station at the previous exit or next one you would likely pay the same ppg as what the truck stop calls the commercial rate. Its all BS. I understand that this is unique for Indiana and the practice is not the same in other states.

I have found that commercial pumps won't accept your credit card and you have to go inside to pay. Last time I ended up in a long line of truck drivers.
After 10 minutes I got to the front of the line and the first thing ask was the number of my pump???? so back out to the islands to get the # and then back inside to the back of the line. Not worth the hassle. I just pay attention to upcoming regular stations on the signs for upcoming exits. At least 3 stations will pretty much assure that at least one of them has pump islands parallel to the station so you can pull in and then out without having to make a tight turn.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #36
Never had a problem at Truck pumps. I've pulled trailers all over th U.S., Loves normally have diesel at all/ or at least the end pumps, Flying J has a great RV lanes up front, I prefer the truck lanes. Fill up in ab 2 min. TA's don't have diesel up front. My favorite is Buckee's. If you see one of these stop even if you don't need fuel. They are awesome!!! It's like an Auto truck stop. 100 pumps with diesel at all pumps!.....anyway, no problems at truck stops.
Pipeline, Pipeliners Wife,2 kids ,1 in the making,1 fur ball maltese
"There is no limit to the amount of good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit"-Ronald Reagan

2015 Jayco Eagle Primier 334BHTS
2012 F250 Lariat cc fx4,2016 F350 cc flat bed
Pipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 10:46 PM   #37
Lot of truck stop folks here but look at the price at the TS vs auto diesel, most places .20 a gallon or more, you pay for the added maneuvering room. Wish I had figured that out when I drone commercial. Check gas buddy, it's your friend for best price.
2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 Long Bed Extended Cab Air Bags
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)
196? Shasta 16ft

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 05:19 AM   #38
Site Team
My first choice is to fill up w/o the trailer. We have a range of 450 miles towing and I'll be unhooked and set up in a campground. We never drive farther in a day than that.

On familiar routes, I have favorites already id'd that are quick in/out and reasonable.

Gas Buddy is very helpful.

2011 351RLTS Eagle, Mor/Ryde suspension & pin box
06 F350 Lariat PSD, SRW, LB, CC, EGR delete kit, 16K DrawTite hitch, Timbrens, TST TPMS

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote