Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-16-2018, 06:55 PM   #1

Black Tank Rinse Issue

Out on our initial shakedown trip in our new to us 2011 Eagle Superlite 318RLS. For some strange reason (probably feeble mind confused with various trailers I shopped), I was thinking this unit had the built in black tank rinse port.
Apparently it does not. No big deal, I’ve used the toilet bowl wand on my previous Keystone Passport Ultralight 285RL.
ANSWERS AND OPINIONS REQUESTED -
What do you use to rinse the black tank?
Toilet bowl wand
Or
Black tank valve Wash attachment
Or ????
And why do you use your choice?
My inquiring mind wants to know..
BroRobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroRobin View Post
Out on our initial shakedown trip in our new to us 2011 Eagle Superlite 318RLS. For some strange reason (probably feeble mind confused with various trailers I shopped), I was thinking this unit had the built in black tank rinse port.
Apparently it does not. No big deal, I’ve used the toilet bowl wand on my previous Keystone Passport Ultralight 285RL.
Toilet bowl wand
Or
Or ????
Here is the spec sheet on your rig. I don't see a black tank flush. https://www.jayco.com/tools/archive/...super-lite-tt/

There are other options besides the wand. I have one but it is not my favorite way to clean. the tank. There are external connectors that have a hose input and also the the black tank flush can be added by a dealer or a handy owner.

We don't worry to much about the black tank. Just keep a couple gallons of water to start and use plenty at each flush. Dump when it's full. Your water usage habits will tell you when.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:21 PM   #3

I've used both on different Rv's.. The black tank flush is much better getting solids moving. It's amazing after dumping the tank and allowing the flush to continue for 5 minutes or so, you still get paper and other solids flowing out. The wand never really gets into all the corners with enough water and force to do a great job of removing the gunk.

I will never have an RV without a black tank flush again, it's that good.

Good Luck.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 07:28 PM   #4

Add a Tank Flush

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroRobin View Post
Toilet bowl wand
Or
Or ????
My 2014 267BHBE did not have a tank flush, but I was able to add one to both the black and grey tanks. The Camco Tornado is an easy install into the shallow end of the tanks and works really well. I sealed everything with liquid nails, silicon adhesive and have had no leaks. I plumbed the supply lines to the sewer dump valve area and connected both to a "Y" hose splitter. I have tried the wand method before, but I always ended up making a mess in the bathroom. These work very well and keep the sensors working in both tanks without chemicals. Once or twice a year, I add the water softener (Calgon) and a cup of liquid laundry detergent before the trip to keep the tank insides slick and free from buildup. So far, never a clog or false reading ... even using standard tissue.

Good Camping , Swampy

2014 287 BHBE; 1981 Jay Raven; Predator 3500i - We call Home Pearl River, Louisiana - edge of the Honey Island Swamp
IMG]https://www.jaycoowners.com/attachments/customavatars/avatar39547_3.gif[/IMG]
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
I've used both on different Rv's.. The black tank flush is much better getting solids moving. It's amazing after dumping the tank and allowing the flush to continue for 5 minutes or so, you still get paper and other solids flowing out. The wand never really gets into all the corners with enough water and force to do a great job of removing the gunk.

I will never have an RV without a black tank flush again, it's that good.

Good Luck.

What kind of flush do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nighthawk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
What kind of flush do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The system that came on my TT, Works great.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #7

We like the black tank flush system that came with our new 23RB.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 10:37 AM   #8

When you use the black tank flush at a campground what supply do you hook the hose to? Most places I have seen have a potable water hookup and sewer line flush hose. There are rules on using such things. I would probably wait until I get home to do a rinse.
Moderator on Hi-Lo Trailer Forum
RichR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #9

On my trailer, the toilet sits right on top of the tank. My homemade toilet wand does a great job getting into all the corners. It is, however, a pain in the tail running a hose into the camper to do the cleaning. I'm thinking of adding a tank flush just to make it easier. I'll still have the option of using my wand at the end of the season just to make sure it's clean.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #10

Newbie question here.

How would I know if my TT has a “black tank flush”???

Jay Flight SLX 264BHW

Thanks !
Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trujillo View Post
Newbie question here.

Jay Flight SLX 264BHW

Thanks !
On my 2017 NP 377RLBH, there's a hose connection point on the main water panel that is black. It's right next to the potable water connection, which is white.

It's also mentioned in my owners manual.

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Dually, 6.7 Cummins, 3.73
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH, Cummins/Onan Gen
JetTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:35 AM   #12

Normal dumping tank then rinse once using black tank rinse port. Then connect up this to the dump water hose a t the dump station https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
With the water gauge I fill the black tank till its full then dump. It works great to get most of the solid waste out.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:42 AM   #13

The water/electrical connections are very different on a 5th wheel and a travel trailer.

Most 5th wheels have all the connections in one area on a panel behind closed doors.

With travel trailers, the water connections and electrical connection can be all over the place. On my Jay Flight 23RB, the fresh water inlet is up forward of the axles. The City water connection is back just behind the axles. Further back is the electrical connection. The black tank flush connection is about 4 feet off the ground and located all the way around on the rear of the trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetTech View Post
On my 2017 NP 377RLBH, there's a hose connection point on the main water panel that is black. It's right next to the potable water connection, which is white.

It's also mentioned in my owners manual.

Old 08-06-2018, 07:46 AM   #14

If you have an SLX model, it most likely does not have a a black tank flush. I suppose it could be an option, but that's usually one of the items Jayco leaves off when they make the SLX model.

Two other items Jayco always leaves off the SLX model are cabinets over the bed, and a large grab handle at the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trujillo View Post
Newbie question here.

Jay Flight SLX 264BHW

Thanks !

Old 08-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
If you have an SLX model, it most likely does not have a a black tank flush. I suppose it could be an option, but that's usually one of the items Jayco leaves off when they make the SLX model.

Two other items Jayco always leaves off the SLX model are cabinets over the bed, and a large grab handle at the door.

Thanks for the info!
Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #16

The black rinse does have some type of a flow valve in it underneath the bath sink, haven't tried the rinse yet until I better understand what I need to do if it gets stuck open.
Old 08-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabirch View Post
The black rinse does have some type of a flow valve in it underneath the bath sink, haven't tried the rinse yet until I better understand what I need to do if it gets stuck open.
Not sure what your BTR looks like, but typically on a TT you hook a hose up to the BTR. If a problem occurs, you turn the water off and disconnect the hose....not sure what kind of problem could occur.. I've had several TT with BTR and never and issue. I would guess what is under your sink is a backflow preventer.....it eliminates the possibility of water flowing back through the hose into the water system.

Good Luck....

Old 08-07-2018, 07:47 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaacs View Post
On my trailer, the toilet sits right on top of the tank. My homemade toilet wand does a great job getting into all the corners. It is, however, a pain in the tail running a hose into the camper to do the cleaning. I'm thinking of adding a tank flush just to make it easier. I'll still have the option of using my wand at the end of the season just to make sure it's clean.
Update:
I've added a Tornado rinse, it was easy to do though things are pretty tight down there on my little trailer. It seems to work well; at the very least it can refill the tank a couple of times for the rinse cycle. Just have to be careful--an overflow in the toilet would not be pleasant!

My biggest problem is that the state park (NY) I like to frequent has no hose connection at the dump station--just a stupid nozzle hanging down from some ridiculous springy thing. I had to make an adapter using a rubber tube thing that I found along with a couple of hose clamps and a male pvc hose fitting. Now I can use a hose to the Tornado but it's a pain in the butt.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:25 AM   #19

my older model does not have a tank flush. I run a hose, full open, down the toilet to get it flushed out, then I attach the wand and run it to spray down the sides.
Definitely need to have a clear elbow on your sewer hose, so you can see when it runs clear. it is surprising how much stuff stays in the tank if all you do is open the valve and let stuff drain out.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:39 PM   #20

We have the blacktank flush on our 26bh and use it often. We also have the clear elbow to see when the water has run clear for awhile.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote