Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-11-2015, 05:23 PM   #11
Originally Posted by Brownie View Post
I've found in Michigan State Parks, that it's not so much the size of the campground pad, but the width of the road in front, and obstacles (trees/brush/signs) across from the pad entrance. With a Super-crew cab and a 6.5' bed on my truck, I've had a dickens of a time getting into some sites! You can check out the conditions around the site on Google Earth satellite images. I've often found them to be more useful than the photos of just the campsite itself.
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
With my crew cab, long bed, 4wd, and 30ft TT (rig ~51 ft overall), I know some campgrounds will be a challenge, others, impossible. Google Earth will be my friend, along with DW, and handheld radios.
Listen to these guys. I'm 56', and it is rough. Sometimes, just having enough room to swing the frontend of the truck to back in is a problem.

2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 6.4L HEMI 4.10s with antispin
2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift 287BHBE
Equal-i-zer 90-00-1200(new 90-02-4900 shank)
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #12
This is why campgrounds put limitations on certain camp sights. Add to it that probably 75% (no one on this board of course) can hardly drive forward on a 4 lane road, let alone back up between trees with bushes etc on both sides of the road. And it's always the ones that yell I don't need your help, I know what I'm doing...then they take out a bush and the side of their rig...

Bottom line, best to go by what the campground lists, they really do know best and want your stay to be happy.

2011 Toyota Tundra double cab
2015 27RLS
wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote