Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-23-2015, 05:41 AM   #11
My wife and I did extensive research (2 years) before we decided on Jayco. Several things appealed to us on the Jayco brand that others didn't. I liked the way the windows were installed on the Jayco as opposed to Forest River or Keystone products. A true frame under the unit was a huge plus. Having a truly walkable roof was another big seller. Yeah, others claim it too but their roofs aren't manufactured as well as the Jayco. Insulation was a big thing with us as well. When I first opened the door to our Eagle, I noticed it's heft and thickness. Didn't see them on comparable brands. Similar but not exact. The solidity of the slide walls to me is incomparable in the industry. The Glacier Pkg is a huge plus in my opinion. Regardless if you plan on utilizing it, it's nice to know you can. Above all, the floorplan had to be THE ONE. This 328 fit the bill perfect. Yeah I could've went smaller but, ya know, I like this beast.

Have fun, be picky and ask questions till you're blue in the face!

Good Luck!

2013 Jayco Eagle 328 RLTS
2012 Ford F250 6.2L 4x4 CCSB W/Air Lift air bags
Equal-I-Zerô WDH
2002 Coleman Bayside Elite (traded)
Me, Momma and Charles (RIP buddy)
And introducing Sofie!! ;)
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:24 AM   #12
Originally Posted by Bmbdcj View Post
We have been a long time Keystone family ( 3 years with a Zeppelin and 10 years with a 30ft Cougar). In all this time we have really enjoyed our Cougar and have had little to no problems. Due to its age we are considering trading ours in and going with the Jayco Eagle 33RETS. I've done some research and it seems like a pretty good model.

Any advice, recommendations or suggestions on both the pros/cons with Jayco are greatly appreciated.
DON'T ......We are so disappointed in out Jayco. Had it less than a month ,ready to take it back to dealer.

chasthomp47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:32 AM   #13
Originally Posted by chasthomp47 View Post
DON'T ......We are so disappointed in out Jayco. Had it less than a month ,ready to take it back to dealer.
So why are you 'so disapponted'? Had it less than a month?

No manufacturer builds units without faults but if we were to ever upgrade it would be another Jayco.

2012 Pinnacle 36KPTS - Kitchen Pantry Triple Slide
Mor/Ryde suspension and pin box, Dual pane windows, Auto Leveling System, 2 A/C's and more...
View photos

Our Trip Journal
Larry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #14
Originally Posted by chasthomp47 View Post
Welcome to the forum, but sorry to hear that you are disappointed.

Jayco has a 2 year warranty. Don't just complain for the next 23 months, take it back to the dealer.

Please help others reading posts on this forum by being specific about WHY you are disappointed.
Sherm & Terry w/rescues Steve (std Poodle) & Eydie (min Schnauzer)
2015 Jay Flight 27RLS (Camped: 102 nights 2015, 90 nights 2016)
2006 Ford F350 6.0 PSD, Lariat, 4WD, CC, LB, SRW, auto., Camper pkg.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:24 PM   #15
We love our Jayco

We love our 2015 Eagle 30RKDS! After extensive research, we narrowed our search to the Cougar and the Jayco (both had the rear kitchen/front bedroom configuration we wanted). After comparing the fit, finish and price we chose Jayco and have been so pleased! The customer service has been fantastic and the trailer is solid, sturdy and beautiful.
2015 Jayco Eagle 306RKDS
Dgivens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:56 PM   #16
I like Jayco, and have had great service, fixed little things that in my opinion, I should pay for. I think one additional thing you should strongly consider is the dealer you are working with. Some dealers are fabulous, they bend over backwards to help and ensure you are not inconvenience, others seam like they just want your initial sale and just do not care or have the knowledge to properly fix anything on a timely schedule. Some dealers do not want to deal with any unit that that was not purchased from them.

Point being, research your local dealership.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:24 PM   #17
We have gotten two different Jayco trailers from our dealer, which is small and family owned. Very happy with trailers and the dealer.

Dealers are not required to do warrantee work on trailers not purchase from them.
Get a quote from RV Direct and then go negotiate with a dealer that you like. You will pay a little more but it will be worth while to have the service of a trusted dealer.
2012 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Litre DoubleCab
6 speed, 4.30 Limited Slip, Tow Package
2013 Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL
2010 Jayco JayFlight 26BH sold
Yamaha EF2000is Generators (2)
1996 Honda CB750 Nighthawk
Nighthawk 96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:20 PM   #18
We are on our second Jayco and both of them have been great campers! I love the two year warranty which gives you some peace of mind and I feel they are built a bit nicer than many other brands. It also helps that our dealer is awesome to deal with and they treat you like family.
2013 Jayco 28BHS :campfire:
2004.5 Dodge Cummins running a Hypertech Tuner
certified106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:55 PM   #19
Be careful with Hybrids.
clayusnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #20
I have a Jayco Eagle and after shopping other makers the Eagles finishing was beyond everything else in the same price range. You find the same appliances from manufacture xxx in all the TT's so fit and finish separates. Love my Eagle.

2000 F250SD SRW 7.3 Long Bed Extended Cab Air Bags
2014 Eagle 30.5BHLT
2007 Layton 245LF (sold)
196? Shasta 16ft

Learn from others mistakes, you'll never live long enough to make them all yourself.
Eleanor Roosevelt
Edd505 is offline   Reply With Quote