Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2016, 07:59 PM   #11
Because we dry camp about half the time, we just put the stick-up LED lights behind the regular fixtures. We haven't tried them on a trip yet, but expect that they will be fine, and not draw on the battery - even though we just got a new solar unit that should work a lot better than the one we were using. Unless company comes over (which does happen), we don't need bright lighting very often.

Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:21 PM   #12
I switched ours out. We dry camp a little, not as much as I would like. I have a number of light fixtures to our HTT, and have about 19 light bulbs. I did a test and all of our LEDs use the same power as one incandescent bulb. That had me sold.

We bought cheap china made 48 LED boards on Ebay. I think I paid less than $2 per unit, bought a few extra, just in case. The adhesive foam on them did not last long, so I switched to a heat transfer tape, we had in the lab at work. Others have used a dap of construction adhesive to secure the boards.

Spend some time looking on Ebay. The price for them really vary from vendor to vendor. I found them at a really good price. I bought a few different ones at first to find out what I liked and if they were bright enough. Once I mademyfinal decision I bought a whole bunch.

I just did an ebay search "48 smd white led light panel" and found them for $.98 to $1.7 each. They were in groups of 5 to 10 panels. Still a good price.

Click image for larger version

Name:	48 LED Board.png
Views:	5
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	23141

Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:23 PM   #13
I've changed to LED's on both TT's we've owned. We don't boondock so power isn't a motivator. But I found the original bulbs seem to have a short life and generate quite a bit of heat. Our current had a bunch of halogen bulbs that seemed particularly failure prone. Choosing carefully I'm pleased with color and brightness.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:10 PM   #14
I switched my previous TT out a couple of years ago when you couldn't buy LED's at every Camping World store, etc. and they were a lot more expensive.

The first batch I bought off E-Bay were reasonably priced and direct from China. Several of them didn't work out of the package and several more died over the next year. So Quality is important and buying cheap may not be worth it.

I do think overall quality has increased over the last few years with higher volumes and more manufacturers making this type light.

Buddy Ray - Atlanta
Jayco Eagle HT 26.5RLS
Ford F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote