Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-04-2013, 06:45 AM   #11
Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
They should call it ClimateShield like they do on the Eagle because Glacier package makes it sound cold weather specific. If I were you I'd get the extra insulation and bigger AC, small investment for the upgrade. The extra thermal protection will work in the heat as well as the cold. Best of luck.

Webber Family :campfire:
DW & 2 DD's
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #12
As a follow up, since this thread has been revised, we ended up ordering a 2014 28dsbh on April 11 and the camper arrived at the dealer's lot on May 29. We ordered it with the 15k AC and the Glacier Package. When we picked up the unit, we did not have the "Glacier Package" sticker that we saw on the '13 models. I was a little concerned, and I asked for the build sheet that listed the options installed. It was listed. We do have a "Climate Shield" sticker on the trailer, and until now, I did not realize that was what the extra insulation package was named on other Jayco models. Thank you for that information, as the dealer did not mention anything about the "Climate Shield" being the same as, or the newly named, Glacier Package. We chose this for the heat, not for the cold.

P.S. We camped during the hottest week of our summer with temps. everyday in the 92-95* range, with excessive humidity, in full sun, with no shade until 5:30-6:00, and had no problems keeping the interior cold during the middle of the day.

mrp116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #13
Haven't tested the AC/heat in our 2014 White Hawk [w/ glacier pack and 15K AC] but expect it to perform as suggested. Had an 06 Keystone [very cheaply built] with no extra climate stuff and we were quite comfortable in sub-zero or 95+ temps. Heated with just 2 elect. space heaters most of the time since we were plugged to shore power. Also used the furnace w/ 12V only a few times for over nite travel stops and stayed toasty warm. The AC did the job.

With the glacier package we should be just fine. Went with the bigger AC primarily because the extra cost was minimal.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #14
I just spent 5 days in minniapolis and the AC on my 28dsbh preformed perfect! No complaints actually at all!

2009 Ford F150 Lariat CC 5.4 L with max tow
2013 Jayco Whitehawk 28DSBH
Canadian couple 1983 is offline   Reply With Quote