Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2017, 11:44 AM   #1

White Hawk Options

I'm getting ready to order a 24MBH but I am having difficulties learning more about a couple factory options, the Electric Auto-Leveling System and the Sani-Con® Turbo Waste Management System.

I've heard from my dealer that the leveling system is the BAL LS 5.3 system. Can anyone confirm that or is it the LCI Ground Control TT? Regardless of system, is this something that will lift tires off the ground if needed to level?

The Sani-Con turbo looks to be well worth the money, but I can't find out what the install on a White Hawk will look like. There is no cabinet by the holding tank discharge to accommodate hose or controls. Does any one have a picture or experience to share that will shed some light on this features install?

Thanks for any info you have!
vanspragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:39 PM   #2

I also am getting ready to order the 24 mbh. I called and spoke with Jayco directly today because I also could not find any information on the auto leveling. The representative said that it was the BAL 5.3 system. I can't find too much about it online but the guy said it is a three point leveling system with the power tongue jack and two levelers located behind the wheels. In the front there are electric stabilizers.
I'm not sure if you saw but Jayco has a video of the Sani-con on their website.
readytocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:19 AM   #3

I did order this auto level system on our 28DSBH. The Jayco rep sent me literature for the system but the file is too big to upload here. It is the BAL 5.3 system. It is not the Lippert Ground Control TT. Send me a PM if you want me to email you the literature I received from Jayco.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2012 Prime Time Tracer 2670BHS (sold)
2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
oldnnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:26 AM   #4

I did the same thing. I've got the manual from BAL. What's your thoughts on the system in general? The tech I talked to at BAL said you get 3 degrees of leveling and that the tires should not leave the ground during leveling. If I have to mess around with levelers first, I'm not sure it's worth the investment. There was also this line in the manual, "Lower the rear leveling jack adjustable feet and position them so that they are close to the same distance from the ground." This is something that is done manually if the ground isn't level to begin with. Again, if I have to bend over and get on the ground I'm not sure it's worth the cost.

Here are the answers I got back from tech on those two issues.

Adustable Feet:
Yes it is a manual operation.
Depending on your parking spot you may not need to use the extra adjustment but in some cases you may have too so the jack has enough stroke to level the unit.

Can I lift tire while level?
The system is designed to only allow for 3.0 degree adjustment side to side. That is to help keep the tires on the ground.
I do not have a video of it. I’m sorry it is a new to the market system.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #5

Most sites that we setup on are mostly level and probably would not require to manually extend the legs. Since there are some days that we setup/takedown twice in a day, I figure it would be easier and quicker with the auto level. I admit, I'm a sucker for new things, just had to try it. Guess if I don't like it I'll install some manual jacks and sell the auto level system.

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

2017 White Hawk 28DSBH (*Special Ordered w/ almost all the options in 10/16. Delivered on 5/19/17)
Old 02-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #6

Yep, I'm gadget guy too. I'm going to order it and the sani-con too!
Old 02-03-2017, 09:47 PM   #7

Yeah, I like the gadgets! I was thinking about the Sani-con too but didn't end up going with it. Probably should have though...

2001 Ford F-150 4x4 5.4

Tags
24mbh, auto level, sani-con, white hawk