Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-02-2019, 02:05 PM   #1

Best RV Resort in the World

I was going through the classifieds in the back of the this month's FMCA magazine and saw some ads for space rentals in the Motorcoach Country Club in Indio. It's located about 4 crow-miles from our house and I've never noticed the place. Very stately gated entrance with the clubhouse visible through the palm tree lined avenue. $3000+ a month rental for 6 months plus resort fees. One was $8000 for a month with the resort fee/sales tax equivalent of probably 10% added. Piqued my interest because we are selling our home and a short-term RV space would let us clean up loose ends locally and buy some time. Maybe throw some money down and buy a space. Available spaces start at $70,000 and some are listed to $500,000. One double lot set-up at $830,000. And this allows you to sleep in your Class A motorhome!
For those interested in winter in the sunshine, additionally there is a $500 a month maintenance fee, you must spend at least $1400 annually in the bar/restaurant, add property taxes, and utilities to an unknown total.

We are examining other options.
https://www.motorcoachcclotsales.com/
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #2

That seems extremely high for monthly rate from the ones we have seen across the states. Good luck with everything.
Vicki&Daryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 10:53 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWest View Post
I was going through the classifieds in the back of the this month's FMCA magazine and saw some ads for space rentals in the Motorcoach Country Club in Indio. It's located about 4 crow-miles from our house and I've never noticed the place. Very stately gated entrance with the clubhouse visible through the palm tree lined avenue. $3000+ a month rental for 6 months plus resort fees. One was $8000 for a month with the resort fee/sales tax equivalent of probably 10% added. Piqued my interest because we are selling our home and a short-term RV space would let us clean up loose ends locally and buy some time. Maybe throw some money down and buy a space. Available spaces start at $70,000 and some are listed to $500,000. One double lot set-up at $830,000. And this allows you to sleep in your Class A motorhome!
For those interested in winter in the sunshine, additionally there is a $500 a month maintenance fee, you must spend at least $1400 annually in the bar/restaurant, add property taxes, and utilities to an unknown total.

We are examining other options.
https://www.motorcoachcclotsales.com/
Stacy and I both grew up there... and at different parts of our life - moved away from there (Southern California)... We could not be happier in life, as long as we never have to go back there.

Ro - don't take this as we are dissing you, we understand, but we just can't live in the land of traffic, crime and high-taxes. We have family still there... they are used house salesmen (in the same class as attorneys and used car salesmen) and prey off your neighbors and future neighbors I am certain. This RV resort is something that we will never see, never want to see and never have a desire to see the gates.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 07:31 AM   #4

Too pricey for me Lol, but everything in Cali is too pricey. My sister lives out there and calls it the "Peoples Republic of California". I've been out there visiting and there are a lot of beautiful places but nearer to the cities it's a absolute train wreck. She only has a few more years till retirement and then they're moving to Texas. With a population of more than 40 million, somebody must like it.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 10:46 AM   #5

I had my tongue firmly in my cheek! I would never buy into a resort like that and have a hard time getting my head around who would. Up to a one million dollars for 1200 square feet of grounds with a lake view! To sleep in your coach.
2014 Seneca 37FS
2015 Wrangler Sport toad
red-headed wife
RoWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 01:36 AM   #6

OMG, I can’t believe that place, what cracks me up is the number of boats and docks, in a small chanel of water that does not actually go anywhere, it’s crazy that anyone would actually call that desirable.

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:21 AM   #7

Wow that is crazy. Why not look in to just buying a house rent it 6 months of the year to cover costs then you have a home base that you can park your RV at. Outside company's will manage it for you.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoWest View Post
I had my tongue firmly in my cheek! I would never buy into a resort like that and have a hard time getting my head around who would. Up to a one million dollars for 1200 square feet of grounds with a lake view! To sleep in your coach.
Yikes!
We have 80,000 sq feet lake access With 2500 sq ft house for 1/4 the cost
Come park with us and pay us half those rental fees
Well have enough money to buy lots more acreage in a year

Do they cook amd clean for you?
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote