Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2020, 06:36 PM   #1

Completely Unrelated to Camping...BUT??

Does anyone know if you can use the National Park Pass at Pearl Harbor in Hawaii? Anyone have any insight for me on going here? We will "hopefully" be going in June of 2021 as a family. I'm about to start researching, but thought I'd check with you smart folks here! Thanks in advance!
Old 08-12-2020, 06:45 PM   #2

Pearl Harbor is awesome, been three times - don't remember the NP Pass being accepted, but I got in w/ Mil ID...they only issue so many tickets per day so getting online and doing the tickets that way is best...would email the NP park service with the address listed on the NP site - best way to know for sure.

Ford Island is another good visit if you can make it out there as well..
(2019 NP 383FKWS)
(2019 RAM 3500 DRW Big Horn)
Topperace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topperace View Post
Pearl Harbor is awesome, been three times - don't remember the NP Pass being accepted, but I got in w/ Mil ID...they only issue so many tickets per day so getting online and doing the tickets that way is best...would email the NP park service with the address listed on the NP site - best way to know for sure.

Ford Island is another good visit if you can make it out there as well..
My sister went to the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum on Ford Island for her honeymoon and told me it was a "must see".
Old 08-12-2020, 07:08 PM   #4

Location: Full timing in the 377, but Llano, Texas is now home
I’m jealous Dan, awesome place to visit. I first went to Hawaii in Oct 29-Nov 5 1991, and our group visited the Arizona Memorial on 11/3, just shy of the 50th anniversary. Most moving experience for me at the time as a 25 year old. It was part of our tour omg back then, but as a national historic site, I would hope the NP pass would have some gravitas.
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie MC 4x2 DRW 6.7CTD, B&W Companion Slider 3405, Edge Evolution CS (deleted DPF/DOC-special tune), TireMinder TM-77, Firestone air springs, CustomFlow tailgate, Tonnosport tonneau cover, Champion 3100w genset
2017 Jayco North Point 377RLBH w/Kodiak disc brakes/Titan actuator, Truma AquaGo Comfort, Sailun S637, home of Darin & Dana. Where the 377 has been towed since 5/27/16:
Dskyward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 07:18 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dskyward View Post
I’m jealous Dan, awesome place to visit. I first went to Hawaii in Oct 29-Nov 5 1991, and our group visited the Arizona Memorial on 11/3, just shy of the 50th anniversary. Most moving experience for me at the time as a 25 year old. It was part of our tour omg back then, but as a national historic site, I would hope the NP pass would have some gravitas.
So far from the research that I've started, Pearl Harbor is a National Park and its FREE!! But there is a catch...you have to get online 60 days before you visit to reserve tickets. If no tickets are available, they keep a reserve of tickets 24 hours before you visit.

Just in case you couldn't tell, I'm very exited! The DW took me to Normandy, France last year (2019). We went to the American Cemetery, and when they played Taps, there wasn't a dry eye to be seen!!! Mine included!! I love history & anything to do with WWII! My grandfather was on the USS Ticonderoga aircraft carrier and I used to hang on his every word when he talked about the war...which wasn't very often and was only when I would ask him. He wouldn't talk about it to anyone else but me. It made me feel really special with regards to our relationship.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:54 PM   #6

The answer is no. It is a National Memorial, not a National Park.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote