Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2018, 08:06 AM   #1

Propane Adapter

Thought I would share this adapter since it took me awhile to find such a thing. It's kind of the opposite of adapters that let you hook a grill to a big tank. It will allow you to attach a small 1lb propane cylinder to your trailer in an emergency.

Anyone who has a trailer with a single 20lb tank is familiar with running out of propane in the middle of the night. After you stop laughing... a 16oz cylinder should get you thru the rest of the night or finish cooking dinner. Google "Amazon B071ZHQVL3 propane adapter".
bigironcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigironcoder View Post
Thought I would share this adapter since it took me awhile to find such a thing. It's kind of the opposite of adapters that let you hook a grill to a big tank. It will allow you to attach a small 1lb propane cylinder to your trailer in an emergency.

Anyone who has a trailer with a single 20lb tank is familiar with running out of propane in the middle of the night. After you stop laughing... a 16oz cylinder should get you thru the rest of the night or finish cooking dinner. Google "Amazon B071ZHQVL3 propane adapter".
What I need is an adapter that lets me hook a grill to my trailer lp outlet. Why they don't use a typical lp hookup I don't know, but only like 3 over priced grills and zero propane firepits attach to an rv lp outlet.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Cirrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirrob View Post
What I need is an adapter that lets me hook a grill to my trailer lp outlet. Why they don't use a typical lp hookup I don't know, but only like 3 over priced grills and zero propane firepits attach to an rv lp outlet.
X about a thousand of us

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #4

The problem is most standard grills already have a regulator, meaning whatever attaches at that point has to be high pressure, like a direct tank connection. Whereas your TT's remote LP port is on the low pressure side of your TT's propane regulator and requires a special and naturally expensive grill without a regulator.

What some do is modify their grill by removing its regulator and building their own adapter but that's another well worn story.
bigironcoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:44 AM   #5

Order placed, thanks!

2015 Jayco 27RLS
2015 Ford F250 6.7PSD
DanNJanice is offline   Reply With Quote