Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2017, 08:53 AM   #1

2017 Camping Plans

I'm always interested in hearing where folks are going, I always add places to the bucket list reading the Campgrounds and Attractions forum and threads like this.
Our only booked trip is in April to Pensacola Beach but we will be making many other outings to the local lake and the North Georgia, North & South Carolina areas.
This should be the year we upgrade from our 2001 Tundra and get at least a 3/4 ton diesel and then our travel area will be extended across the good ol' USA.
I grew up in Northern New York and the threads about camping up there bring back sooo many wonderful memories. I've told the DW (and she approves) that our first hit the road for weeks trip I would love to go up the east coast, including NY state New England and into eastern Canada. Gotta have something to look forward to!

Cheers, and Happy Camping!
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
Site Team

So far, we've reserved two weekends at Cedar Point State Park in Cape Vincent, one at Wellesley Island State Park, and one at Sampson State Park.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:13 AM   #3

Howdy, I love the feeling I get when I hook the eagle to the truck. Which in my book isn't often enough. (about 3-4 trips a year) But this year the big trip is going to begin in a little town called Mer Rouge, Louisiana and destination is Fairbanks, Alaska area. Now I'm still a under 40 working man so it will be a much faster trip than I would like but it will still be a great time for me and my family.

TV- 2015 CHEVY 2500 DURAMAX
TT- 2015 JAYCO EAGLE 314BHDS
bigmeaux12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:36 AM   #4

We have two trips booked so far for this year. In June we are heading to Door County Wisconsin, a place we have loved visiting for years. We are trying out a new campground near Sister Bay. In August we are traveling to the Nashville area where we will be viewing the solar eclipse as we enjoy a week or so of camping. My husband loves astronomy and according to his "Sky & Telescope" magazine, it will be prime viewing in that area. In addition, our niece and her family live in Murfreesboro, TN so we can enjoy time with them as well. We can't wait for camping season!!
BonnieL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:37 AM   #5

Our provincial campgrounds dont open for booking until the beginning of april, but i think we are eyeing up a trip to The Rockies this year!
Jm9301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:53 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmeaux12 View Post
Howdy, I love the feeling I get when I hook the eagle to the truck. Which in my book isn't often enough. (about 3-4 trips a year) But this year the big trip is going to begin in a little town called Mer Rouge, Louisiana and destination is Fairbanks, Alaska area. Now I'm still a under 40 working man so it will be a much faster trip than I would like but it will still be a great time for me and my family.

Alaska, oh yeah. Hope you have plenty of time off, that's gonna be a lot of miles. Enjoy.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieL View Post
We have two trips booked so far for this year. In June we are heading to Door County Wisconsin, a place we have loved visiting for years. We are trying out a new campground near Sister Bay. In August we are traveling to the Nashville area where we will be viewing the solar eclipse as we enjoy a week or so of camping. My husband loves astronomy and according to his "Sky & Telescope" magazine, it will be prime viewing in that area. In addition, our niece and her family live in Murfreesboro, TN so we can enjoy time with them as well. We can't wait for camping season!!
A county close to us in N. Georgia had signs out to come stay for the eclipse, thanks for reminding me I meant to check into that!
Old 01-31-2017, 10:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernaturesson View Post
Alaska, oh yeah. Hope you have plenty of time off, that's gonna be a lot of miles. Enjoy.
Not as many days as I would like but we're going to take 3 weeks to make roughly 10k miles round trip plus 5 days in alaska

bigmeaux12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:05 AM   #9

This will be our first year of camping in our newly acquired TT. So far we are starting out with 1 trip at the end of March to OKC, which is close to home and gives us a chance to get the feel of things, then a trip to Kaw Lake in April, which is also a few hours away from home, then we will embark on a long trip in July to Nashville. We will be meeting my sister and her husband, who will be coming from FL with their Jayco. Nashville will be exactly halfway for them and us. Looking forward to a grand time!
Old 01-31-2017, 10:09 AM   #10

Only one trip booked so far, We will be staying for a week in Breaux Bridge, La. for the crawfish festival. Planning on many mid week trips to places in our home state. There is so much to see and do in Missouri that we could not see it all in just one camping season.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:00 AM   #11

Doing Vancouver and Glacier National.

2014 Jayco Redhawk 31XL
Towing 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Old 01-31-2017, 11:06 AM   #12

We have 4 trips with confirmed reservations at this point:

Banks Lake/Steamboat Rock State Park - eastern Washington
Nehalem Bay State Park - Oregon coast
Annual volunteer week at Best Friends Animal Sanctuary - southern Utah
Lewis&Clark Caverns/Bannack State Park & Ghost Town - southwestern Montana

Really looking forward to the swing through Montana - I haven't been there in many years and the DW has never been there.
TT: 2015 Jay Flight SLX 195RB Baja Edition, Andersen No-Sway (Traded in)
ttavasc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:19 AM   #13

We are fairly new at RVing. Our first trip in the new unit (Jayco 31FK 2016) will be from Alabama to Colorado this July. We are staying near Rocky Mountain National Park for a week, then off thru Wyoming to South Dakota to see the Black Hill Park for a few days, before heading back to Alabama. Hope to get some good days on the river with the fly rod, and good weather in July.
TomE1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:42 AM   #14
BCK

So far we have 16 nights booked at Pacific Rim National Park on east Vancouver Island split between the national park and Tofino. Also a few nights at Rathtrevor Provincial Park booked for June.

Work gets in the way of camping somewhat but we will book more time at some of the other great places around as our schedule works itself out for the summer. We like exploring/swimming/fishing/prawning/crabbing etc. on our boat out around the gulf islands as well so need to leave some time for that too.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:17 PM   #15

First year with our new Jay Feather. 2 trips planned but not finalized yet. In May we will be off to Iowa - my wife wants to visit the Amana Colony, then tour the barn quilt farms in central IA, and finally the covered bridges father south. We plan to say in a couple of state parks.

We will be doing a 3 day jaunt inJune to Smith Falls State Park in Nebraska to float the Niobrara river with a group of friends.

We will also do a few mid week trips to just camp in the Colorado and Wyoming mountains.

2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 Super Crew 3.5L Ecoboost
2017 Jay Feather X213
RPreeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:35 PM   #16

Leaving May 1st to spend 3 1/2 months boondocking and fishing in the Northwoods (Western U.P. and Minnesota)
Khans Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:59 PM   #17

Hey Mothernaturesson..

We live in Vermont and are quite anxious to get out of here in April, destination Maderia Beach for a month.

In late August we'll be on our way to Reno and will be on the road for a month plus. Will see many attractions, e.g. Yellowstone.

We're 'newbies having purchased our 2016 Jay on Allante last fall so we're busy outfitting and planning. Have used Good Sam's Club trip planner and will use Google Maps on the highway.

BTW, I was born in Plattsburgh!

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
soperman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 03:00 PM   #18

retired. 10 week trip across Canada to Alaska
First.. We hooked up today!! This is no small feat. Everything is covered in ice. The Anderson Levelers were frozen solid to the ground as well as the trailer hitch wheel block.Off to the dealer for brake check and bearings change tomorrow. Of course the first tow of 2017 will be in a snowstorm.... today it is about 20 F.
Then a month in Florida.

@mothernaturesson I am in Maine.. the coast is beautiful especially Acadia . Keep going East to Lubec and the Bold Coast and don't miss Baxter and the Katahdin area with the new Katahdin Woods and Water National Monument.. North Maine Woods also has some excellent camping and fishing at Allagash Gateway Campground and Ki Jo Forest. ( Jo Mary Campground)

Keep going if you have time.. Mt Washington Area in NH is wonderful but the Chic Chocs in the Gaspe are outstanding.. That is in Quebec..

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:03 PM   #19

No trips planned because of my job but we do have the ability to camp Sun-Thurs occasionally throughout summer. We love missing the crowds.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 04:29 PM   #20

We have our trip planned for May this year 3 weeks.

Using the 3,3,3 rule we are going 300 miles a day, There by 3:00pm and stay at least 3 days.

First and last day we Stretch the 300 Miles a day!

Natchez State Park Natchez, Mississippi
Choctaw Lake COE, Choctaw, Mississippi
Piney Grove COE, Tupelo, Mississippi
Baileys Point COE, Bowling Green, Kentucky
Bumpus Mills COE, Bumpus Mills, Tenessee
JFK COE, Heber Springs, Arkansas
Ouachita State Park, Hot Springs, Arkansas

Later in the year probably a trip to the Fredricksburg area here in Texas.
Blue Ox Sway Pro
2014 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
TxTwoSome is offline   Reply With Quote