Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-11-2022, 05:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
If you want to grind a political ax there are forums where they do that, this isn't one of them.
I am not, just a statement thank you
Old 08-11-2022, 08:16 AM   #22

Getting ready to head out to a jayco Dealer to check out new models. Pulled into the fuel station on 'fumes only' so she was bone dry.. Dam pump stopped at $150.00, 22 gals and had 10 to go... Inserted card again and topped her off. $210 to fill her from bone dry.. Wow.. then i get slapped with a picture on the pump.. And i get to do it again when i get back home.. I dont know how anyone can afford a 'New Model'.. Good thing i'm just looking.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 08:59 AM   #23

2023 Jayco model changes. From solar kits on RV's to solar kits on homes. Looks like this thread has gone off topic!
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:08 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
2023 Jayco model changes. From solar kits on RV's to solar kits on homes. Looks like this thread has gone off topic!
Pretty sure the main highlight on the new models are the new Solar packages.. I dont find it 'off topic' to discuss that cost and even comparing it to a home installation. And if i'm asked a specific question from a member about the topic in discussion, i will assist anyway i can..
Old 08-11-2022, 09:25 AM   #25

By the way my name is now Dug, squirrel.. Always appreciate the help on this forum even when a bit off topic (houses vs RV). BTW I did look into tax credit for RV and you can absolutely do this as it can be considered a home. But as mentioned before the size of the systems is not at the same scale. If you have a big class A or 5th wheel you might spend enough to make sense on looking into the credit. I suspect the credit would be on the batteries more than anything else in the system.

From what I have read/seen the main changes are with the expensive solar packages and new tires on some of the 17.5" wheels. Does not appear to have any interior changes/colors etc.. Couple new models that they announced. The Volare looks interesting but is actually smaller than a Jay Feather Micro but constructed more like an Ember. I believe/feel that a lot of companies are going to start building what is claimed to be stronger/sturdier trailers. Time will tell.
Old 08-13-2022, 12:12 PM   #26

These types of options are keeping me from upgrading my current unit. Recently we went looking to see what we might consider for a new rig. Everything we saw were fully loaded with almost every option. Of course the prices reflected these so I'm out of the market. I can't see paying twice as much as my current unit and only gaining items I have no use for. The RV lifestyle is now a sport for the rich and famous. The average person just can't justify paying as much for an RV as a house and property.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 01:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
These types of options are keeping me from upgrading my current unit. Recently we went looking to see what we might consider for a new rig. Everything we saw were fully loaded with almost every option. Of course the prices reflected these so I'm out of the market. I can't see paying twice as much as my current unit and only gaining items I have no use for. The RV lifestyle is now a sport for the rich and famous. The average person just can't justify paying as much for an RV as a house and property.
i saw the same thing the other day when we went to look. The only option i see not pre installed is Generators. Also, every new model we saw on the lot, not Jaycos, had the disc brake options pre-installed, which i dont have a problem with.. Dealer said the first thing everyone wants now days is disc brakes and Solar, so they load all their lot units up with everything.. Prices are way way up there but they seem willing to negotiate, especially if you have a trade in. They gave me a ball park figure for my 19 321 RSTS of 48K without looking at it, and said they probably could knock 20K off the Cardinal we were looking at.. Too much work an love put into mine and its paid for so i'll just continue to look..
Old 12-14-2022, 03:13 PM   #28

Gents,
Last week I received my new micro 171bh 2023 with Solar package 2
2 solar panels
30Amp
And Inverter 1800 watt I faced issue with Inverter to run should switch off Ac condition and convertor from control panel
Please any adviced
Samion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 03:21 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoutalker View Post
I can't see paying twice as much as my current unit and only gaining items I have no use for. The RV lifestyle is now a sport for the rich and famous. The average person just can't justify paying as much for an RV as a house and property.
New Greyhawks on my local dealer's lot are going for $170+. That's an awful lot of money for something you can't even FT in (warranty violation; and really is it built for it?).

I'll only be able to afford a trailer if I ever go back into it - and maybe not even that; new F150 XLT w/ the 3.5 EB and Max Tow and options stickers around $62k now. Lariats are north of $74k. My gosh ... I guess there are always cabins to rent.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 03:58 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jopopsy View Post
That's an awful lot of money for something you can't even FT in (warranty violation; and really is it built for it?).
I think that is more of a CYA for Jayco because of legal issues since it doesn't meet the RVIA/HUD code for full timing. It really doesn't say anything directly about not full timing.

We have a friend from the Camping Club who full timed in her Greyhawk for 18 years and never had a problem getting warranty coverage during the 1st 2 years. She always took it back to the selling dealer when she was in town and they knew it was her primary residence. They would service it for her on a regular basis too. She had 149,000 miles on it, as she never let any grass grow under her feet.