Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-22-2018, 07:59 PM   #101

Some changes I'd like to see on my 2017 23RB would be:

1) An enclosed underbed storage that is separate from the pass through storage.

2) A good vent fan in the bathroom such as the Fantastic Fan instead of the junk they install now.

3) A 2nd vent in the bedroom.

4) A different table for the dinette. The new style is terrible. When I saw it in brochures I thought that was a good idea. Sometimes good ideas turn out to be not practical.

5) A better quality power tongue jack.

6) A better converter than the current WFCO model.

7) Wall switch for the overhead fan in the bathroom.

8) Window by the dinette is too tall, or goes too low. If the table is up, one must be very careful and not mash the curtain. The window stops at least a foot below the table. That is silly. It's not like the view below the table is useful. The window should stop above the table level.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:47 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounder View Post
Better quality control at the factory.
Could not agree more.

2017 Jay Flight 32BHDS
2006 GMC 2500HD Classic CC SB 4x4 6.6L Duramax/Allison
Vasquez Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 10:38 AM   #103

This has probably been mentioned already, but I'd like a standard coupler so all WDHs and locks fit.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 06:58 PM   #104

2015 Jayco Redhawk Slideout issues

I really love my Redhawk. There are only a few issues I have had. I have had the closet slideout go out now a 2nd time in a year. So better quality control on the slide out. Not liking the lipered system. Have to drive 1 1/2 hours for service.
Otherwise it has been great.
GabbySilas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 10:17 AM   #105

This probably is not unique to Jayco but why is it that the black tank has an equal or larger capacity than the gray tank? Seriously, has anyone ever filled up their black tank? A larger gray tank would allow for greater convenience to go longer between having to empty while parked for more than a few days. Or having to drag out the portable tank. That’s the one thing I would change.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:12 PM   #106

1) Slide awnings standard on Melbourne 24K or at least capable of having
them installed.
2) Heat duct in the bathroom.
3) Of course, quality control is a given.

Other than that, we love it like it is.
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:35 PM   #107

I fixed most items myself but they could do a better job on lots of small items.

A few items off the top of my head are....
A better mattress. Better QC. Engineers need to consider simple things like being able to get down the hallway or to the bedroom or bathroom without opening the slide. Location of outlets. Common sense load balancing on breakers.
Old 04-24-2018, 03:45 PM   #108

Go ahead and put blocking in on all models so simple, common items such as Slide Awnings, hand rails for the steps have a place to bolt to. Some are not blocked and can't have those items added very easy.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:52 AM   #109

I'll add three more items.

9) Top of the line, instead of bottom of the line, foam in sofa seats, etc.

10) Make all water lines, connections easy to get to. Case in point, the shower faucet and water lines to it are in a wall that has the refrigerator against it.

11) This has been mentioned, but put in good mattress. It sad that most people replace the original mattress within months of original purchase.

Old 04-27-2018, 03:11 PM   #110

One simple request: please put the control panel where someone who is not 6'6" can use it easily!!

The panel in my new 2018 Eagle 330RSTS doesn't even start until well over my head, as I can walk under the cabinet door when it's open. I can reach all the buttons, but it's hard for me to see the LED indicators for the tanks. I'm only 5'5", I can't possibly be the only non-Amazon or non-NBA player to purchase a serious trailer...
alegria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:32 PM   #111

I have another one. This comes after extended use of the sofa, and especially the dinette seats.

12) Please actually use good foam in those cushions. The stuff Jayco used is the cheapest foam they could find anywhere. If I can get the foam out of the dinette cushions and the sofa seat cushion, I'm going to have to do another upgrade out of my pocket than I shouldn't have to.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:47 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice1951 View Post
This probably is not unique to Jayco but why is it that the black tank has an equal or larger capacity than the gray tank? Seriously, has anyone ever filled up their black tank? A larger gray tank would allow for greater convenience to go longer between having to empty while parked for more than a few days. Or having to drag out the portable tank. That’s the one thing I would change.
Yes, we have filled a black tank when boondocking, several times. Grey tank is not an issue. Just run a hose to a nearby bush (get the dran cap that has a hose bib on it). I have a hose made for this that I cut the end off of so it cannot be used for water.

I'd rather have a larger fresh water tank.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 02:51 PM   #113

Bath fan, stove fan, battery monitor

Just a few items, the bath fan is totally inadequate, I have changed them in my previous as well as present mobile home with a Vortex Replacement fan from Campers World and also bought a PWM motor controller that allows me to vary the speed of the fan. Tons of more air moved and quieter. Speaking of quiet the exhaust fan over the range has only one speed and noisy, I did the same with my old trailer but this one is enclosed in the microwave. Also a battery monitor would be nice to allow monitoring of available capacity.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:47 AM   #114

What Jayco should be doing

Bounder hit it on the head saying"better quality control!"

I have said it from day two of buying my Jayco, stop bragging about Turing out eight units per day & slow it down to six or seven units of better quality.
kneeslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 07:28 AM   #115

I honestly can't believe they were proud of that statement or the video showing one thrown together in 7'ish hours. Even if it were true this is normal, daily operations, and the production manager was proud of the fact, they sure shouldn't show the public !

I haven't been to a Jayco factory tour but honestly, if I saw that, it would scare me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneeslider View Post
Bounder hit it on the head saying"better quality control!"

I have said it from day two of buying my Jayco, stop bragging about Turing out eight units per day & slow it down to six or seven units of better quality.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:02 AM   #116

Battery slide out trays

I really like the slide out utility tray on the Pinnacle FW. I wish Jayco would offer slide out trays for the batteries in the front storage compartment. It is such a hassle to maintain or replace batteries. It is nearly impossible to do anything with the batteries without scrapping your knuckles. A slide out tray would solve this issue.
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:34 AM   #117

One problem with a slide out tray for batteries in the front storage compartment is the loss of storage space for other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
I really like the slide out utility tray on the Pinnacle FW. I wish Jayco would offer slide out trays for the batteries in the front storage compartment. It is such a hassle to maintain or replace batteries. It is nearly impossible to do anything with the batteries without scrapping your knuckles. A slide out tray would solve this issue.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:56 PM   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
One problem with a slide out tray for batteries in the front storage compartment is the loss of storage space for other stuff.
By front storage area I was referring to the storage under the FW overhang. This is the current location of the 6 batteries on 2 shelves. The slide out tray for the batteries should occupy the same space so no additional storage space is given up.
ETCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 04:17 AM   #119

Understand now. I was thinking TT nor FW. There is a lot more storage underneath a FW. And I certainly see how, with a 6 battery set up, that a sliding tray would come in handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETCrockett View Post
By front storage area I was referring to the storage under the FW overhang. This is the current location of the 6 batteries on 2 shelves. The slide out tray for the batteries should occupy the same space so no additional storage space is given up.

Old 05-06-2018, 03:46 PM   #120

Slide drains on campers, who is the monkey brain that came up with this design? Doesn't work, mine has leaked from day one no amount of trips back to the dealer could ever get it to seal, and when I attempted to replace the o-rings, OMG!!! What a thoroughly ill-conceived, UN-serviceable, horrible design. If you get it to be actually tight and not leak with the o-rings properly located it's so tight you can't open them. I have finally resorted to putting a value on the end where you hook up the hose so I'm not taking a bath every time I take the cap off.
TheB2B is offline   Reply With Quote