Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2021, 03:31 PM   #1

Be very careful with jayco

OK here we go I bought a 2020 Jayco jay flight 34RSBS.
I purchased it from RV one in Orlando. I knew when I purchased it that it was not a high Travel Trailer however I had no idea what was in store for me. In eight months of ownership I have the following issues.
1. Several pieces of trim falling off and I mean several
2. The refrigerator would not run on gas I diagnose the card unplug the system reset everything and now it will run on gas sometimes.
3. One of the regulator valves on the twin propane tanks on the front of the RV will no longer function so now I have to run out one tank swap the tanks.
4. Serious water leak where the water pump is located underneath the counter in the kitchen. I found several connections that were loose and dripping I tighten them and check for any other issues.
5. Two weeks after that major leak where the pump is still haven’t been able to locate it this is getting monotonous.
6. Freezer the rubber gasket the seals it leaks terribly and I have a large accumulation of ice around the door I have to defrost it once a month.
7. The main living room slide that holds the television in the fireplace does not work very well ever I have to bring it in and out several times to get it to seal completely.
I am aware that all of these items are under warranty but for me to drag this thing all the way back to Orlando and have them keep it for a week which is what they said they would need it I live in this thing I can’t afford that so I will try to fix all these issues on my own this is more of a buyer beware than anything else.
I realize that this is not a Newmar I realize this is not an airstream but come on seriously.

Anyway thanks for listening it’s just a heads up be aware when you buy a Jayco jay flight 34rsbs that you might have issues like I’ve had. I hope you don’t it’s been very annoying.
Titaniumtim18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:37 PM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
This a problem throughout the RV Industry, not only related to Jayco.
But another Jayco dealer can also fix under warranty. Just contact Jayco or a dealer nicely and they are glad to help. Small dealers are the best.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:50 PM   #3

As ALJO said these problems are even being brought up by AIRSTREAM owners. Some of your issues are 3rd party components bought by all Manufacturers. As to warranty not sure how far you are from RV-1, but any JAYCO dealer can do warranty work, will they maybe. JAYCO always says buy local for just that reason. However JAYCO may authorize an independent shop or mobile repair to do the work.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:09 PM   #4

Well if there’s a mobile service I sure would like to know about it because no one I spoke to has been very cooperative about the situation
Old 02-01-2021, 04:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titaniumtim18 View Post
Well if there’s a mobile service I sure would like to know about it because no one I spoke to has been very cooperative about the situation
Not sure where you are, but RV FORCE in Winter Haven is one. There are also several Independent shops that JAYCO will work with. Been there, done that.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:20 PM   #6

Thanks how did u get that to happen did u contact jayco direct
Old 02-01-2021, 04:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks how did u get that to happen did u contact jayco direct
RV FORCE is an authorized JAYCO service provider per their web site. You need to contact a service person and see if they will work with JAYCO first, then have them call JAYCO. You may have to pay the bill then get reimbursed.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #8

Thanks I appreciate the help
Old 02-01-2021, 04:52 PM   #9

Unfortunately it is not just a Jayco thing. Even the big Newmars have issues. They can even be more costly and frustrating. Saw a fairly new one a couple years ago while in Montaina, traveling the other direction, blow a radiator hose (at least I hope it was the radiator hose), huge cloud of white steam.

These little houses are experiencing rolling earth quakes ever time we travel. The frig in Jayco is the same one in every other brand. I had a few pieces of interior tri that popped loose, and bathroom door needed adjustment to latch.

Tell us about your slide seal. What issues are you having? Most slide seals that I have seen never fully deploy. This TT is my first with a slide, it as never fully deployed, have never had a leak. I do check periodically.

All TTs are high maintenance, slides just add another level to it.

Bad pipe crimps are annoying and that should not happen. I wonder what Jayco uses for a crimping tool. If it is a manual unit like mine, I could see someone just applying enough force to "seat" the crimp, but not fully seal the fitting.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 04:56 PM   #10

I completely understand I get a little mini earthquake every time you move one of these things however I towed it from rv 1 in Orlando To its current location about 50 miles away I set it up leveled it plumbed it and made sure it was very secure and it has not moved since as for the slide it will not close all the way one side closes the other side is 6 inches away from closing and if I slide it back out and slide it back in a number of times it will finally closed completely
Old 02-01-2021, 05:05 PM   #11

I know it’s frustrating, but most of your issues are pretty minor compared to other stories I have read here and other forums. Also for items like the fridge, freezer and gas regulators, contact the manufacturer direct for warranty work through an independent repair shop. I did this on a bad AC unit and the repairs were made much faster than having a Jayco dealer go through Jayco for the replacement. Depending on how close you are to a dealer, sometimes they will pay for a mobile tech to come do repairs.

Rustynuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:28 PM   #12

Quote:
I set it up leveled it plumbed it and made sure it was very secure and it has not moved since as for the slide it will not close all the way one side closes the other side is 6 inches away from closing and if I slide it back out and slide it back in a number of times it will finally closed completely
It's out of sync and there are numerous threads and You Tubes on how to correct that. If you don't open or close it all the way everytime that will happen. All you have to do is a web search.

https://store.lci1.com/blog/retiming...ully%20retimes.
Old 02-01-2021, 05:28 PM   #13
Site Team

It sounds like your slide needs adjusting. There are YouTube videos on the subject.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
It sounds like your slide needs adjusting. There are YouTube videos on the subject.
After they remove the slide to swap the fridge?
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 05:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old and soft View Post
After they remove the slide to swap the fridge?
No need for that it's a ac/gas not residential comes right out the door if needed.

2. The refrigerator would not run on gas I diagnose the card unplug the system reset everything and now it will run on gas sometimes.
Old 02-01-2021, 06:51 PM   #16

I understand and sympathize with your problems. Mine came from RVOne as well. I knew what I was getting into because of their "stellar" reviews, but the price was too good to pass up. Any future repairs were done by myself.

If it were me I'd call Jayco directly to document the issues and let them know you can't go to a dealer. Then, I'd hire a local mobile repair and have it 100% fixed on my own dime. Then submit the claim to Jayco. Maybe you get compensated, maybe not. If you do you are ahead. If not your payment might just offset the cheap price from RVOne in the first place.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 07:43 PM   #17

The first year of your multi-year warranty is the shake out period. My high 6 figures house had a binder full of problems that we shook out and resolved the first year. My Jayco had 3 issues total. It's hit or miss, always has been. It helps to be willing and able to fix your own things too. I've passed up opportunities to have Jayco replace / fix items for FREE just because I knew I would do the repair better myself, with better parts and on my own schedule every time.

That said, you have my sympathies. Quality isn't what it used to be.... or maybe it is and it's us that's changed. Not sure sometimes honestly.
bansai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:57 AM   #18

To me it not worth the extra savings by going to some high volume dealer / sketchy service vs a dealer who provides excellent service. The price may be a little more but the aggravation is significantly less and the time & money costs will be less. I have better things to do than screw around with dealers / service departments that have poor quality . Also, I like to reward those organizations that do a great job by giving them my business.
2021 Ford F350
Nothing beats a day outside camping!
EBCTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBCTrekker View Post
To me it not worth the extra savings by going to some high volume dealer / sketchy service vs a dealer who provides excellent service. The price may be a little more but the aggravation is significantly less and the time & money costs will be less. I have better things to do than screw around with dealers / service departments that have poor quality . Also, I like to reward those organizations that do a great job by giving them my business.
X-2... Made me a very happy camper since 1977 by doing just this.....
Old 02-07-2021, 12:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBCTrekker View Post
That's one business model. Personally, its the hassle of dragging the thing in and putting it on his lot, waiting for the phone call and then driving back to pick the thing up that's the hassle.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote