Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #21

We have a place up in New York that we stay at during the spring summer and fall and a place in Florida that we stay at for January February and March (we full time in the 5er). We do not travel all over and that’s the way we Snowbird that’s the lifestyle we Like. don’t know if DW could handle moving every few days to a different campground. The Florida campground has a golf course and is our home-base, if we want to drive somewhere far we take the truck and if need be stay overnight in a hotel.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #22

Great traveling 👍.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 03:59 PM   #23

You do not have to give up the computers to enjoy being in touch with the world. Hot spotting from your phone to your computer or television is so nice. I finally learned how to and my gifted girl child even named our hot spot so I can find it faster. So nice to watch a movie or watch television when I don't feel like doing anything. We plan to keep the house. I plan to travel husband just wants to sit at home and do what he wants. Fine by me. I also plan to workamp as well. Good luck. I am so jealous. But 4 years away and I will be off as well.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 04:05 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryJ View Post
Awesome! We're on the fence in this regard, started downsizing furniture etc earlier this year. House "may" come up for sale next spring.

Our daughter is planning on moving out and into her own place not sure where yet. But I told her take what furniture she wants for her place because I plan to sell or give away once retired. That way I do not have to deal with it. Family room is where the husband loves to mole troll in when home. Television and computer is there so he is a happy mole troll as I call it. Good luck.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 05:06 PM   #25

I've been full-time for six months, traveling around the west visiting family. To find campsites on the road, I highly recommend the app, RvParky. It shows RV parks, state park campgrounds, as well as businesses like Cracker Barrel and Cabelas that will let you boondock. Have fun!
Techwoman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 08:57 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
Good idea to keep your house for a while until you are totally sure life on the road is what you want.
We planned to live on the road and put our house for sale. Boom next day our house sold and we had to move in 3 weeks. We did not see it coming and went from a very small mortgage payment to $800 ,$1200 & $1600 Rv space rent in our own town before actually hitting the road. We got a hit with with the real facts once we got going. Crowded RV parks, $60 per night starting rate and up to $2600 per month in Key West. gigantic gas bill and scary driving situations on truck filled highways. We found some very nice places to be at and loved visiting friends but do your research and get PASSEPORT AMERICA Membership for discounted rates in many states. Do your research online and book in advance. RV parks laughed at us in Florida when we were looking for a space being told that most spaces were booked 2 years in advance.
Places we went to Oroville, Needles, ca. Lake Havasu city, Quartzsite, Phoenix,AZ
Grand Canyon, South Padre Island, Tx, Tampa,St Petersburg, Fl. Dallas, Tex, New Mexico. Oregon coast, Bend, Or etc...All those places were filled to the Max.
The best places were State Parks.
After 1 full year on the road, We finally ended up buying another house and selling our RV . Life on the road is definitely NOT for us.
RV vacation is fun , life on the road not so much.
Everybody is entitled to their opinion and this is ours, like it or not.
Keep your home for a while before you sell everything you got until you KNOW that’s what you like.
Now we just fly and book nice hotels for just a fraction of RV park costs.
Some of the things you've stated are the reasons we are not selling the house before we get a year or so of almost full timing under our belt. We enjoy RVing but realize what we really enjoy doing part-time may turn out to be not so much fun on a full time basis. We've also read stories of folks that have taken the full-time plunge only to realize after the house and everything in it was sold that full-timing was for them. Of course we hope that's not the case for the OP.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote