Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-30-2019, 12:13 PM   #1

Factory Parts Orders from Local Dealer

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to order some replacement body and trim parts for my 2008 Jayco fifthwheel trailer.

20 days ago I sent them a parts list with pictures and the VIN number of my trailer. I followed up with a phone call to confirm receipt of my e mail and that we were on the same page for the parts needed. I have called my local Jayco dealer back 3 addtional times for parts request status and each time they have told me that Jayco has not responded quotes for 2 of the trim items.

Have anyone experienced this issue from a parts dealer?

Thanks ,

Richard

Richard, Joanne and Dakota Mato
flifisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 03:20 PM   #2

Folks over on the Thor Forum seem to recommend using Total Value RV in Elkhart Indiana for parts they need that have to come from the manufacturer. You might try giving them a call to see if they can get what you need and ship it to you.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:10 PM   #3

Thanks.

I will them a call.

Richard, Joanne and Dakota Mato
flifisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:07 AM   #4

Jayco really takes their time on parts. I hav had several little things that have broke and the dealer just ordered for me to install myself and both time it took about 2 months to get the part in hand. This year we had a frameless window break and blow off going down the freeway. Here is our timeline

7/8/2019 window broke and blew out

7/9/2019 emailed Jayco about the issue

7/15/2019 got email back saying a ticket # was issued and made dealer appointment

8/20/2019 dealer checked it out and ordered new window.

9/4/2019 email from Jayco denying warranty claim

9/5/2019 sent very lengthy email fighting the claim

9/10/2019 Jayco finally agrees to replace window

9/11/2019 dealer orders window again.

10/28/2019 dealer finally get with from Jayco

10/29/2019 dealer installs window

Rustynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 07:03 AM   #5

I used to think it was my dealer or Jayco dragging their feet in regards to parts ordering but a recent instance brought to light that it's not always the case. Jayco doesn't stock parts and has to go to the manufacturer to get them in most cases and for parts no longer in production or are manufactured in "real time" parts chains, it can take even longer.

The instance that brought a little light to this for me was when I recently took my Eagle to the factory service center to get a new roof and underbelly installed (under warranty). Even though the appointment and work to be done was arranged 5 months before arrival, you would think the parts would be all set and all they needed to do was the install. Turns out that the service center still had issues getting the correct underbelly for a 2017 Eagle TT. It took 3 tries for the factory service center to get the right one, which of course delayed my units completion.

So if Jayco themselves can have delays in getting parts, I now have to give a dealer and even Jayco a bit of slack in this regard. I am not saying it's always the case but it can and does happen, even to Jayco themselves.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:09 AM   #6

I would demand who they are talking to at Jayco, and then follow up with that contact. it's your money and their customer service. Everyone has a boss.

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:01 PM   #7

On our second trip with our new Eagle HT my belt loop got hooked on the screen door handle. It broke. While at CW in Kaysville Utah getting some other things I went to parts and asked if they could order me a new handle. The told me I need to talk to the OEM parts guy in the service department. I waited for an hour to talk with him as he was on the phone. Presumably ordering OEM parts. The Service lady gave me his card and said it may be easier to take a picture of the part and email me him with a request to order the part. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Im standing 10 feet from the one and only person that can help me! I said I will wait a bit longer and went and wandered the accessories department. Came back 30 min later and this guy looked like he had not moved a inch, still with the phone stuck to his head.

So I did what she suggested, took a picture, sent it to the email address on the card. That was 2 weeks ago. No response. He is probably still sitting in the same position with the phone stuck to his head..... So......I guess I my next step is to call Jayco.......all for a $5 screen door handle. What a joke!

Archie

If the women don't find you handsome, they shoud at least find you handy!

Mark and Debi
Bountiful, UT
2019 Jayco Eagle HT 25.5 REOK
2017 F250 Power Stroke XL Standard Cab Long Bed
Madwinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:35 PM   #8

A few years ago I started collecting parts catalogs from independent RV dealers. With between 3 and 5 I can usually find any part that I need. The catalogs I keep have the part manufacturers name and their part number. When I need something I look it up, do a google search and buy from the on-line source with the best price based on the source's reputation. Now, this doesn't work from wooden trim pieces and some specialty items but those items are rarely needed.

If I am close to an RV dealer when we are travelling I'll pop in and see if they have a catalog I can take.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 11:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwinger View Post

So I did what she suggested, took a picture, sent it to the email address on the card. That was 2 weeks ago. No response. He is probably still sitting in the same position with the phone stuck to his head..... So......I guess I my next step is to call Jayco.......all for a $5 screen door handle. What a joke!

Archie
Pretty much every type of screen door latch is available on eBay or amazon, had to replace mine also.

Rustynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:59 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
A few years ago I started collecting parts catalogs from independent RV dealers. With between 3 and 5 I can usually find any part that I need. The catalogs I keep have the part manufacturers name and their part number. When I need something I look it up, do a google search and buy from the on-line source with the best price based on the source's reputation. Now, this doesn't work from wooden trim pieces and some specialty items but those items are rarely needed.

If I am close to an RV dealer when we are travelling I'll pop in and see if they have a catalog I can take.
Last time I had my rig in for service, the gal at the counter practically forced me to take one of their catalogs. It seems to have EVERYTHING. You've reminded me that I need to go in there and see if it has something I've been meaning to order from my dealer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustynuts View Post
Pretty much every type of screen door latch is available on eBay or amazon, had to replace mine also.
I was just thinking that. No way would I bother with the dealer or Jayco for a screen door handle. WAY more hassle than it's worth... Standard part available pretty much anywhere, probably less than $10, and 5 minutes labor to replace...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote