Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-12-2024, 01:14 PM   #1

Brand New Furrion Thermostat... E3

I have a brand new 2024 Starcraft 189RG that we have not even taken it out yet. I have it parked next to my house under cover. We are currently packing it and getting ready for use.

It doesn't matter if it plugged in or not. We have not had to use the Heat or A/C so I have not messed with the thermostat however on 4 occasions the stat flashes E3 I know it means it has lost connection? I have to turn off the batteries in order to reset the stat. Then it seems fine, in fact I turned on the furnace and ran the heater and it worked fine.....

Going through the walk through the Tech ran it thru A/C, Heat, Dry and everything worked fine.

Thanks LeeB
Old 03-12-2024, 02:36 PM   #2

Lippert has a good fix for the E3 and the no start condition of the thermostat on their support website. Mine was giving me both the E3 code and the intermittant standby on restart, and their solution solved both. It has to do with the Bluetooth connectivity software. If the phone or tablet is not paired correctly it will default to E3 or go into standby. The phone or tablet is not required to be present after pairing to operate, but it will automatically reconnect when you start the app. This is not a very clear explanation but their fix does solve the problem. You can run the thermostat as normal after pairing without either a phone or tablet.
Mtworks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 10:35 AM   #3

I got it fixed (I think) I called my dealer and told me it had to be paired to my phone... Which I did and it has not done the E3 since...
I do wonder what would happen if I didn't have a cell phone....

LeeB