Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2019, 03:27 PM   #41

I can relate and sympathize with you. Country RV in Keowna sold me my Jayco Melbourne motorhome, but they or their other locations ie Traveland RV in Abbotsford and Fraserway RV in Delta, will not service it. Would never recommend these RV dealerships to anyone.
Jenny Darlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 03:56 PM   #42

Like most others have said, tires failures aren't covered by the trailer manufacturer. You need to bite the bullet and buy a good set of tires and move on. Ranting and name calling Jayco isn't going to resolve your problems. You might consider a different approach. Contact Jayco and be calm and patient...ask for help and advice. You are obviously mad and even if you are right and they are wrong, lose the attitude and people might respond to you differently.The other way is to continue the fight and see where it goes.
I hope you can find a quick resolution so you can enjoy your trailer again.
1carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:05 PM   #43

Good Sam Extended Service Plan. Covers tire and Insurance should cover anything damage from the tire failure too. I've used the Good Sam plan for both of my trailers and have never had a problem with them.
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 04:06 PM   #44

I agree with most of the responses to your rampage. I have a 2004 Jayco 5er, and have had NO problems with it that were not my fault, or tire problems due to road hazard. Construction and workmanship are superior to most other makes, and I would have nothing but another Jayco if necessary, but mine just won't wear out. Like some other posters have said, you need to bite the bullet, lose the extremely negative attitude, quit blaming Jayco for things not their fault, and behave like a gentleman. Then you might get somewhere.
Retired at last !

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
tinlizzie23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:05 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie23 View Post
I agree with most of the responses to your rampage. I have a 2004 Jayco 5er, and have had NO problems with it that were not my fault, or tire problems due to road hazard. Construction and workmanship are superior to most other makes, and mine just won't wear out..
X2, mine won’t wear out either! I’m always looking for something to do to it but other than waxing it there’s nothing. Oh, I put RainX on the windows.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:17 PM   #46

I hAve had problems with my Jayco, too. I finally drove it back to
The factory (NC to IN) to be fixed. RV’s are covered by the national lemon law, and ther are attorneys who specialize in lemon law claims. Good luck. My first Hayco was great, the 2nd one, not so much😣. Good luck, and don’t take “no” for an answer!!!
Patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #47

You are NOT the one who bears the responsibility for this problem. To get what you need from Jayco, in my opinion, you need to push. They don’t seem to be at all concerned about customer satisfaction. Good luck, and remember, in my opinion, you’re not the problem, Jayco is.
Patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 05:34 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired17 View Post
It was a front right tire as I previously stated. No TPMS and it would not have helped with a blow out. 40* temp is plenty cool and I checked pressure at dinner an hour or less befor the blow out.

My biggest point here is that nothing like this should happen to an 11 month old trailer, with constantly checked tire pressures. My trailer has been unavailable since November 25, 2018. I do not yet know when it will be returned to me. Jayco has been no help at all. Jayco says their warranty is a pass thru warranty. So does Jayco do anything other than take a call. My dealer is supportive at this point. Bottom line I'm really angry with Jayco!
I feel your pain and know it well! We had blowouts with our Chinese bombs also. You have an 11 month old rv and can’t use it and that definitely will make one angry, been there done that also! 7mos in the shop the first year with ours and the cancelled trips because of that! We blamed Jayco also but as it turned out it was our CW advisor who was the problem. Call Jayco again, tell them how frustrated you are and ask them what communication they have had with your dealer. Get their name and have them send the information they have and, most important, is who they are communicating with at your dealer. If it doesn’t match what the dealer said, as ours didn’t, then go back and confront them. If you have a twitter account post something on there. We did that just recently and had an almost immediate response from Jayco.

As for the rest of you, give the guy a break!!! He’s venting as most of us have done. Just because you’ve had no problems doesn’t mean that others don’t. Some are worse than others. Most people have the expectation that, for as much as we pay for these rvs, they shouldn’t have the problems they do. Sadly they do and that can be a bitter pill to swallow. Unfortunately, as someone else said, it’s not just Jayco either; it’s all of them.

2015 Jayco Seismic 4212
Sassy Lassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:30 PM   #49

I know from experience these axles are the same as ones used on boat and utility trailers, so they are readily available. Also even if you buy a $ 2 million Prevost motorhome you can and will have trouble. Owning a RV is like owning a Boat it allways needs some attention, just the nature of the beast..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:07 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
When I picked up my new 2015 Jayco trailer...
If I had traveled at 70 mph or more on tires restricted to 65 mph, blowouts would have been even more likely.
What tires came on your 2015 that were restricted to 65 mph? My 2015 came with tires rated to 75.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
What tires came on your 2015 that were restricted to 65 mph? My 2015 came with tires rated to 75.
My 2015 JayFlight cam with Rainer ST tires; 65mph.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:33 PM   #52

Are you sure about that? Mine came with Rainer ST's with 65 PSI max pressure, but rated for 75 mph. I wish I remember the size. Either 205/75 or 225/75, I can't remember.

Either way Marmot, the owner and operator needs to be aware of limits and drive within conditions, not the salesman.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:29 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Are you sure about that? Mine came with Rainer ST's with 65 PSI max pressure, but rated for 75 mph. I wish I remember the size. Either 205/75 or 225/75, I can't remember.
...snip
I thought (assumed ) ALL ST tires were 65mph. I didn't check those tire sidewall or the owner's manual to verify that, however.

EDIT: Found this on etrailer's site. Live and learn.
Special trailer tires have a maximum speed rating, just like passenger car and truck tires. Older tires have no special marking to designate a limit. Their maximum speed is 65 mph. Newer tires, those manufactured in 2015 and later, should have one of the following codes on the sidewall to show their rating:
M - 81 mph
L - 75 mph
J - 62 mph
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
Old 03-02-2019, 09:16 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
I thought (assumed ) ALL ST tires were 65mph. I didn't check those tire sidewall or the owner's manual to verify that, however.
You know what they say...
Anyways, my Goodyear Endurance ST load range E tires are rated for 87 mph. Fastest they will ever see is right around 68-71 mph though. They have really made advances in trailer tires in the last decade. I never had a problem with my Raniers, I replaced them due to age and wear after 4 years.
Old 03-02-2019, 09:17 PM   #55

They used to be.

But I know the GY Endurance tires are rated for at least 81 mph. The new type Carlisle are rated at that speed also.

Don't know about Maxxis now, but I presume they have succumbed to pressure from the new GY's and the new Carlisle's to up their speed rating game.

Have no clue to any of the name brand Chinese tires or the Chinese knock offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:54 PM   #56

Found this on etrailer's site. Live and learn.
Special trailer tires have a maximum speed rating, just like passenger car and truck tires. Older tires have no special marking to designate a limit. Their maximum speed is 65 mph. Newer tires, those manufactured in 2015 and later, should have one of the following codes on the sidewall to show their rating:
M - 81 mph
L - 75 mph
J - 62 mph
Old 03-02-2019, 10:02 PM   #57

If your driving (with a trailer)over 70 please tell us where your at.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:36 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired17 View Post
My 11 month old Whitehawk 24MBH suffered a blowout on the left front tire (chinese bomb) on 11/25/18. Prior to that, a window failed while driving and the valances were sucked off the wall while driving 60-65mph. The first issue was poorly repaired and failed again when the chinese bomb exploded. The blow out took our a ton of stuff including the lower dinette slide works. Today I learned that it also destroyed an axle. Jayco is unreliable for providing parts, it takes them forever to ship. I haven't used my camper for 90 days and when I get it back it will be rolling salvage. I am terribly disappointed in my Jayco purchase and will not consider another Jayco product! Further, when I talk to Jayco they could care less! I mentioned the warranty and was advised that it is a pass thru warranty to the parts manufacturers; so, is the Jayco warranty a real thing????

Buy a new car and have a blow out, your auto dealer is not responsible, the tire company takes care of it, insurance takes care of any damage. Hope you find an RV that never has a tire issue...must suck being this upset over a flat tire.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:41 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
Buy a new car and have a blow out, your auto dealer is not responsible, the tire company takes care of it, insurance takes care of any damage. Hope you find an RV that never has a tire issue...must suck being this upset over a flat tire.
Exactly
madmaxmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:57 AM   #60

trailer tires

I have a 1993 autohauler that has been all over the country. At first I ran Goodyear trailer tires that would give years of trouble free towing and would be replaced after normal wear. About 7 years ago on a new set of Goodyears on a trip to Monterrey, Ca. from Florida. I blew all 5 tires. The dealers I bought new tires from while on the road gave me no reason for the blowouts. On multiple trips I would always suffer some blowouts. I became a Formula 1 level tire changer. Finally a tire dealer in Riviera Beach Fl., Callahan Tire, told me all trailer tires these days are crap. He showed me a computer file with hundreds of RVs that suffered blowouts with major damage to the rigs. Power cords being ripped out, side panels destroyed. They don't sell trailer tires anymore. Some come in with such low quality they cannot even be balanced. They sold me a set of Firestone Transforce HT light duty truck tires. Since then I have been back to Monterrey,Ca., Elkhart Lake Wi., multiple times, Watkins Glen, N.Y,. Tires once again will be replaced after normal wear.
Capt. Rich is offline   Reply With Quote