Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #1

Furnace problem

Ok winterize the 5th wheel today, That went well. Tried the furnace and not well. When I put the thermostat on just one click then nothing. I tried the fuses and propane all good. We did have a problem last year. Where water got in and fried the circuit board but we haven’t use it since then. Any thoughts?
ceasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceasare View Post
Ok winterize the 5th wheel today, That went well. Tried the furnace and not well. When I put the thermostat on just one click then nothing. I tried the fuses and propane all good. We did have a problem last year. Where water got in and fried the circuit board but we haven’t use it since then. Any thoughts?
So you replaced the circuit board last year and still had problems? I had furnace problems this year and replaced the sail switch and was ready to replace the high temp switch when one of the push-on leads to that switch fell off. I pushed it back on and did not replace the switch. the furnace has operated perfectly since then. If your furnace had some water damage, I would check all the electrical connections and spray them with contact cleaner or De-oxit.
RVJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #3

That’s what I figured. What an where is a sail switch?
ceasare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:35 AM   #4

Question. New to this

I have a 2018 Jayco and i have propane. But jeat wont come on...it comes on but shuts off. Is there a reset button somewhere? Please help
Litaslam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:44 AM   #5

Just to be clear, the furnace fan comes on for a short time but it never blows hot air; correct?

If you have a propane stove, have you tried lighting one of the burners?
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #6

I had the same problem and it was the Sail switch catching on the side of the furnace. Just bent it slightly and all is good so far..

2014 Jayco Eagle 30.5 RLS | Curt 20K sliding Hitch | Champion 3100 Inverter Generator | 2012 Ram 3500 6.7L Cummins CC Laramie Longhorn
Calgary5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 06:28 PM   #7

There is a reset switch on my furnace itself. My furnace has not worked since I bought my 377 a year and a half ago. I have had the circuit board replaced and the same result. Then I just got my unit back from Jayco for repair to include the furnace. Jayco stated they tested the furnace and that the thermostat was bad, after replacing that they stated it is working as designed. I just tried the heat again and same problem. The switch on the furnace keeps tripping, sometimes after about 2 mins and once it actually got to the temp set on the thermostat but tripped the switch again. Running out of ideas here, getting to the furnace is damn near impossible to begin with without taking down much of the walls in the basement storage.
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote