Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-20-2020, 09:55 PM   #1

How many issues?? Let’s count mine.

I have a 2019 eagle 330RSTS and lots of issues. How many do you all have?? Let’s count mine, little to big...

1. No hot water. Upon delivery someone didn’t turn the valve letting hot water out of tank as the valve is turned away from you and installed pushed into the foam of the hot water tank so it was kind of camouflaged and didn’t know it was there. Could they make the PEX any shorter and crush it up against more items? Ever heard of slack??

2. Water leak in the closet. For days our closes kept getting soaked on the bottom shelf and we kept thinking it was rain water from a leak outside. Turns out it was the access port to hook up a washing brush on the outside. The clamp wasn’t tight enough around the PEX and it was leaking inside killing our fake wood from inside out right above our inverter!! Great place for water to get all over! You can’t get to the clamp so I cut the line and installed a plug and clamped that. Assess port is now un-usable.

3. Fan switch on the heater went out 100 times. Finally had to replace and dealer gave me a new one as I then thought the heater died but a ground wasn’t hooked back up and the heater was at the dealer getting tested for 2 days running to check operation. Kinda my fault for that second half.

4. Leak in the bathroom sink rotting everything. PEX to faucet wasn’t tight enough on the twist on fitting.

5. Hot water tank cold dump valve opened up some how and dumped all our water. 2-3 days to figure out what happened and to find that valve under the sink and close it.

6. No AC. The AC temp sensor in the unit for the condenser freezing is just thrown in there right in the path of the air flow resting on the sharp edge of the duct work. The air blowing and the sharp edge cut the wire in half and shuts the unit off for cold air. Tearing the seals and opening it up was a PITA to find the issue and rewire it.

7. All the flashing on the kickouts failed. The flashing is 1/2” tall going up but 3” underneath and going back. Well at only 1/2” the OSB subfloor dropped down below the flashing. The carpet and OSB were soaked and almost rotted out and the mildew smell!! I had to remove the seal, install flashing tape up further and down under the OSB to make a proper flash. Reinstall the seal and reglue/caulk it.

8. Hot water tank explosion. My fault. Hard water built up around the electric heating rod and in between the tank wall and steel gas tube. The weak aluminium wall failed and the tank exploded water everywhere killing the electronics and sensor for the heating rod. $545 new hot water tank.

9. 3 spots on the roof tarp pulling away from spots. All need caulked and water proofed.

10. Damn mice, damn ants, damn stink bugs.

11. Single pain windows should not give this a 4 season rating not just placing water, grey and black tanks underneath with ZERO insulation! Pipes, water tank and ****ter have frozen for zero use.

12. Cable antenna lasted 1 week. Lost all channels somehow. Never could figure it out and get them back.

13. Auto leveling system is about as useless as a one legged man in a kicking contest. A monkey could level it better.

14. Horrible caulking used around sink outlets. Not a caulking that should be used near water! Use a silicone Jayco! One that doesn’t mold and turn brown.

15. That may be all.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:55 PM   #2

That's pretty disappointing. I have the same year/model and we had #2 happen to us. Ended up having to splice in a new connector.

We had a miswired converter that didn't let the battery disconnect work correctly. In the end, that converter died which Progressive sent me a replacement under warranty.

We also had problems with the inverter because the 14ga wire won't terminate properly. Had to put in 12ga and wire nut on the 14.

The drawer in the island wasn't mounted correctly and dinged up the fridge a bunch.

We had a brake failure in one hub. When I pulled the hub, the entire braking assembly fell on the ground. Dexter sent me all new parts under warranty.

2 pieces of the crown moulding fell off and had to be reattached.

The POS sound bar would buzz so badly at time you couldn't hear dialog on TV. We tossed that and upgraded.

Otherwise, I guess I can say we've had good luck, but it is a little shocking the amount of stuff that malfunctions or breaks. I feel for people who pay big bucks for a nice, new trailer only to have to drop it off at the dealer for months at a time. Fortunately all my issues have been self serviceable so far.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 07:23 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by morleyz View Post
That's pretty disappointing. I have the same year/model and we had #2 happen to us. Ended up having to splice in a new connector.

We had a miswired converter that didn't let the battery disconnect work correctly. In the end, that converter died which Progressive sent me a replacement under warranty.

We also had problems with the inverter because the 14ga wire won't terminate properly. Had to put in 12ga and wire nut on the 14.

The drawer in the island wasn't mounted correctly and dinged up the fridge a bunch.

We had a brake failure in one hub. When I pulled the hub, the entire braking assembly fell on the ground. Dexter sent me all new parts under warranty.

2 pieces of the crown moulding fell off and had to be reattached.

The POS sound bar would buzz so badly at time you couldn't hear dialog on TV. We tossed that and upgraded.

Otherwise, I guess I can say we've had good luck, but it is a little shocking the amount of stuff that malfunctions or breaks. I feel for people who pay big bucks for a nice, new trailer only to have to drop it off at the dealer for months at a time. Fortunately all my issues have been self serviceable so far.
Yeah I can’t drop it off so I have to fix everything as the dealer doesn’t really want to come out here and I’m pretty handy. They wouldn’t have warrantied the water heater anyways so that’s on me $$. Everything else was just pennies. We up graded our sound bar too with a full surround sound so that’s all good!
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 06:59 PM   #4

If your dealer screwed up that bad when they first checked out the unit, you should be glad they won't come out to you. They probably would make it worse.

If it were me I'd hire an independent Mobile RV repair guy and pay him for the work. Then take the bill back to Jayco for warranty reimbursement. The dealer already refused, so its in Jayco's hands now.

Alternatively, I'd think seriously about a lemon law claim and just junk the thing. They aren't all that bad.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 08:28 PM   #5

Apparently the dealer didn't do their job before you took the unit off the lot. Our service guys found 2 leaks under the kitchen sink they fixed.
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote