Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2019, 10:36 PM   #1

Jayco fender skirt

Hello Jayco owners,

So I. My last trip, I got home and noticed somewhere along my fender skirt ripped and fell off. So, I have now ordered and received a replacement . I will need to cut the fender in half as half of it goes on the slide out and half on the body of the trailer... when the slide out closes they match and look somewhat like one fender. Now, can anyone recommend what the best way would be to cut this ?? Thank you for any suggestions?
Acano82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #2

Since you have a Whitehawk I will make the assumption that the fender skirt is made of black plastic. The key to your answer is the width and height of the area you need to cut. The simplest way to get a clean cut is to use a table or radial saw. Make sure you tape both sides of the cut with duct tape to support the plastic edges and reduce or stop shredding. If you can't use a table or radial saw then the cleanest way to cut the plastic is to make a small jig that fits above the cutting area. Securely tape the fender down and then use the jig to guide the saw you are going to use. The jig should be constructed so it will guide your saw blade across the cut. I would also make sure your blade is carbide tipped or very new.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:44 AM   #3

The skirt on my 2014 W Hawk was destroyed by a tire failure. I do not remember the process I used to split the new skirt before applying to the side and slide BUT I do remember that it was not a difficult process. I remember that I carefully measured and marked the "cut" line using masking tape.

Use a tool that you can control like a Dremel or small handheld saw. My replacement skirt was over 4' long and I was unable to position it on a table or chop saw. I was careful to fill the old screw holes as it was difficult to accurately drill the holes in the replacement to perfectly match up.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 07:46 AM   #4

A hacksaw should work well and will make less jagged and narrower cut than a wood saw.