Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-21-2020, 08:34 PM   #1

Jayco Manufacturing Schedule

We have a Jayco on order and we slowly discovered the real reason we aren’t getting our trailer any time soon. We sold our 30U almost immediately and now we can’t go traveling. Does anyone have a lead on when different Jayco Travel Trainers will be “run” on the line? We would just love to have an expectation. We understand but knowing when would help.

Missing camping....

Wayne
YZFDonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 01:39 AM   #2

There is no sure fire way to know when a RV is going to be run. Jayco will accumulate x number of orders of a particular type such as Eagle, North Point, or Pinnacle, and the various toy haulers and then do a production run of each of those.

If a run of say Eagles has just finished when a new order for an Eagle comes, it will wait until all the production runs of those other types are run, before the new order for an Eagle is run.

That's how it was explained to us when we did the factory tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YZFDonor View Post
We have a Jayco on order and we slowly discovered the real reason we aren’t getting our trailer any time soon. We sold our 30U almost immediately and now we can’t go traveling. Does anyone have a lead on when different Jayco Travel Trainers will be “run” on the line? We would just love to have an expectation. We understand but knowing when would help.

Missing camping....

Wayne

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 03:11 AM   #3

When I inquired when my trailer might be built, they sent my question to a production team member and this is the response received from that person:

“I do believe November/December is likely for you to receive your camper. However, we are experiencing a large amount of shortages from our suppliers and there is no way for me to know how long we are going to be seeing these issues.

Please be patient with us as we build your camper to the best of our ability as quickly as possible, and thank you again for choosing Jayco!“

(I ordered mine in mid August and inquired early September.)
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:45 AM   #4

I ordered an Eagle HT 27RS on 7/8. I contacted Jayco 8/27. Jayco rep told me they were hoping to have it scheduled for production the middle of September and have it delivered the middle of October. All dates given by Jayco were vague because I don't think they really know since there are so many parts shortages and labor issues from the plant closings. Hopefully the labor issues have been fixed. As of 9/18, our RV has still not been scheduled for production. At this point we are just hanging in there.
02camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:11 PM   #5

I can understand the delays for sure. I'm in manufacturing and we are behind on quite a bit due to COVID. However, what I am not fond of is the fact we asked our dealer BEFORE ordering how long it would take. We were quoted about 8 to 10 weeks. It's been 9 now and still not even a VIN or confirmation of Jayco accepting our order. Only once our order was placed did our dealer say it may take up to 15 or more weeks due to current supply shortages. I want my $5,500 deposit back if we don't get a VIN soon.
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:16 PM   #6

I am surprised that Jayco will even talk to you about a production schedule since the dealer is the customer until delivery and not you. Jayco does not sell direct to consumers so your beef should be with the dealer and not Jayco.

Did you put in the sales contract that speed of delivery is of the essence or words to that effect? Did the sales order specify a timeframe for delivery? If not you may be waiting or lose your deposit if you back out now especially since the dealer placed the order based on your purchase offer.

Regardless, good luck.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:22 PM   #7

I ordered a 2019 HT 30.5 CKTS in late November 2018. I was told it would be 8 - 10 weeks for delivery. My dealer had a heck of a time getting the Jayco Rep. to give even an estimated production date. I did not see my unit until 6 months after the order date.
This was pre-COVID so the problem has existed for some time and is only made worse by COVID.
There is certainly a lot of validity to the idea that the production runs are scheduled based on the number of orders (sold units rather than dealer stock) and the model. If you happen to order just after a production run, you will wait a long time.
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS Modern Farmhouse (16" wheels, spring shackles set on lower hole of frame, SumoSprings TSS-107-40, standard kingpin, B&W Companion slider, TST-507 TPMS, Progressive Industries hardwired 50A EMS HW-50C)
2019 F250 SRW SuperCab 4X4 SB 6.2 (10,000# GVW) 3.73 Axle 18" wheels
Nature Ist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 04:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nature Ist View Post
There is certainly a lot of validity to the idea that the production runs are scheduled based on the number of orders (sold units rather than dealer stock) and the model. If you happen to order just after a production run, you will wait a long time.
All rigs are ordered. JAYCO does not build units unless a dealer orders it and they have to be paid for before they are shipped. They do not produce units for "general" delivery.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I am surprised that Jayco will even talk to you about a production schedule since the dealer is the customer until delivery and not you. Jayco does not sell direct to consumers so your beef should be with the dealer and not Jayco.
When I emailed Jayco they asked me who the dealer was, and then researched and found the order and advised of possible timeframe, I was surprised they answered me albeit vague, but answered me about it.
Old 09-22-2020, 05:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFeather24BH View Post
When I emailed Jayco they asked me who the dealer was, and then researched and found the order and advised of possible timeframe, I was surprised they answered me albeit vague, but answered me about it.

Lucky! I did the same and was forwarded to the regional rep and was told that my dealer knows what is going on and to listen to them. Well, funny they quoted me a short time frame and that's come and gone already. All I wanted was a simple "Maybe a month, maybe 6 months" but I got nowhere...
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:15 PM   #11

My wife and I wanted a new Talon in Feb of this year. No one close had one and we wanted to see one before ordering one from our local dealer. We found one 400 miles away and took a day and went and looked at it. It was what we wanted and the dealer 400 miles away gave us a price. We went home and told our dealer that we did want to order one. He said the same 8 to 10 weeks. However he was $3K more for the unit. We asked him to match the unit 400 miles away and he couldnt do it. We are super glad we didnt order one. I am not sure we would have it yet with all this Covid crap?? We picked up our new Talon in March and have enjoyed it all summer. Good luck, if Jayco hasn't started the build its possible you get your deposit back? Well worth the 400 mile drive for us.
Dbunke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 05:43 AM   #12

For those who wonder what to expect with regard to time frame on an Eagle HT special order. The order was placed on 7/8. The VIN was assigned yesterday, 9/25. Our 27RS estimated completion date is 11/6. The dealer said allow a week to get here (Charleston, SC) and then a day or two for PDI. So I expect middle of November. So 4 1/2 months.
Old 09-26-2020, 06:54 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02camp View Post
So I expect middle of November. So 4 1/2 months.
And here's one reason why........shipments in August alone up 17%

The RV Industry Association’s (RVIA) August 2020 survey of manufacturers found that total RV shipments ended the month with 39,489 units, an increase of 17.3% from the 33,674 units shipped in August 2019.
Old 09-26-2020, 07:14 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
And here's why........shipments in August alone up 17%

The RV Industry Association’s (RVIA) August 2020 survey of manufacturers found that total RV shipments ended the month with 39,489 units, an increase of 17.3% from the 33,674 units shipped in August 2019.
And let's not forget the 2 month factory shut down of manufacturers AND their suppliers. You could call it the "perfect storm". Even though I am disappointed we were unable to go anywhere this summer or fall, I'm not angry about any of it. In fact we have our annual Santee State Park trip for Thanksgiving planned. Valentines day we'll be at Edisto State Park. I am currently making plans to spend January in Florida.
Old 09-30-2020, 02:33 PM   #15

Ordered our Jay Feather X23E Hybrid on November 26, 2019.

Took possession on May 28, 2020. A long time to wait but it was

well worth it. Enjoying our camper immensely.

What caused this long delay ?? CHINA LIED !!!!!

Stan & Connie
2021 Jayco X23E
2000 Four Winds Class C 23J (Gone)
2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 5.7

I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.
Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is God's business.
Xray23Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 03:25 PM   #16

Jayco Delays

When I ordered my Eagle 2 years ago I waited from March to August to get it. Keep in mind it is not only product lines that dictate the build, but models as well. Certain ones go in certain "runs".

That said, my son has a hardscape business... he can't get materials. My friend HAD an appliance store... he could not get appliances. Ford has to replace my running boards on my 2 yr. old SuperDuty... it "may be a several weeks". I fully agree with the Xray. Jayco may be as much a victim as we are.
Dqx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 04:54 PM   #17

And it isn’t just Jayco. Since I bought my coach 3-1/2 years ago I now surf various websites to check out dealer inventory and MH’s in particular to see any new changes. I have never seen dealer inventory as low as it is right now. I bought my coach new as a previous year’s model and I had a good selection to choose from. If you are trying to do that now you will have difficulty finding one. Most Jayco dealers as well as others list a lot of their coaches as “on order” or “arriving soon.” How times have changed in just that short period of time.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:23 AM   #18

We also ordered mid August, was told 6-8 weeks, I'm in no hurry, but my concern is shipping in winter with road salt and treatment all over my new trailer. I'm hoping for a dry sunny day when it does ship. Curious if you're still waiting?
gomerag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 07:31 AM   #19

I am, haven’t been told a VIN either.

Wished I could have had it already, the wife and I both just ended 6 weeks off for parental leave (our work gives us 6 weeks for having a baby)... man I would have camped for 6 weeks straight! Lol.

Hoping to get it in December!
Old 10-24-2020, 08:01 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomerag View Post
We also ordered mid August, was told 6-8 weeks, I'm in no hurry, but my concern is shipping in winter with road salt and treatment all over my new trailer. I'm hoping for a dry sunny day when it does ship. Curious if you're still waiting?
Our order was placed on 7/8. We got a VIN on 9/25. Scheduled for completion on 11/6. And yes, we are still waiting as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayFeather24BH View Post
I am, haven’t been told a VIN either.

Wished I could have had it already, the wife and I both just ended 6 weeks off for parental leave (our work gives us 6 weeks for having a baby)... man I would have camped for 6 weeks straight! Lol.

Hoping to get it in December!
First, congrats on the baby! Second, we are from Charleston as well and placed our order thru Jay at the Trail Center. This is the third RV from them over the last 22 years. Here's to hoping to get our campers sooner than later!