Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-02-2019, 07:18 AM   #1

Jayco warranty claim process update

Looks like Jayco is going to try a new process to streamline warranty repairs. It will work for simple repairs where the dealer has the part in stock, otherwise you will still have to wait for the part from Jayco. Sounds like a step in the right direction but I think its still going to fall short of making most happy with repair times, time will tell.

https://youtu.be/xXq-CLxSiC8
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:45 AM   #2

Good news! I have personally had my trailer in for warrranty work. At the dealership where I purchased my trailer. They have so far always accommodated me. The slowest part of the process in the past, was waiting for Jayco to approve repairs.
parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:46 PM   #3

That's interesting.

Something similar happened to me but it took place at Bish's RV Super Center in Idaho Falls, ID. The faucet in the bathroom began to leak.We had to take everything out of the cabinet, put in towels and a plastic sheet, and dry out the cabinet when the hot water was used.

We were passing through Idaho Falls, ID from Arco, ID to Grand Teton NP in June 2018, far from where we bought it in Winston Salem, NC. They found time to fit us in as passed through the city.

First they just tried tightening the fittings more, but that made things worse.
So the tech took the faucet out, and found it had been cross threaded at the factory. Bish's took one off their shelf and replaced it, along with new cone washers. Been working fine since then.

The only draw back is the one off the shelf, actually from their retail parts store, was the chrome finish, where as mine was in the brushed nickel found in the "Elite Package".

But that didn't matter. Would rather have an odd color faucet that didn't leak rather than the right color but leaking.

In any case, this happened last year well before this announcement from Jayco. I don't know how Bish's RV handled the process with Jayco, but I paid nothing.

My experience would indicated the new policy will result in a lot more happy campers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Looks like Jayco is going to try a new process to streamline warranty repairs. It will work for simple repairs where the dealer has the part in stock, otherwise you will still have to wait for the part from Jayco. Sounds like a step in the right direction but I think its still going to fall short of making most happy with repair times, time will tell.

https://youtu.be/xXq-CLxSiC8

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote