Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-08-2016, 10:34 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
tularockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Queen Creek
Posts: 347
Jayco YouTube Site

I'm trying not to be critical here, but I think the Jayco channel on You Tube needs some major improvements! Compared to other manufacturer channels like Keystone and Forest River, Jayco's seemed very old and not as exciting! I'd love to see more up-to-date technical and plant tour videos!

All in all, we did purchase a new Jayco fifth wheel and really loving it!
__________________

__________________
U.S. Air Force (1979 to 1994)
2016 Jayco 29.5BHDS
2015 Ram 2500 (6.7L Cummins Diesel)
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:34 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by tularockstar View Post
I'm trying not to be critical here, but I think the Jayco channel on You Tube needs some major improvements! Compared to other manufacturer channels like Keystone and Forest River, Jayco's seemed very old and not as exciting! I'd love to see more up-to-date technical and plant tour videos!

All in all, we did purchase a new Jayco fifth wheel and really loving it!
I have come to the conclusion that Jayco is making so much money that they just do not care about much of anything.

Their marketing sucks, they have no control over their dealers, their quality control is non existent, and their website sucks, as well.

They seem to pawn everything off on the dealers (i.e. repairs) including marketing. The only YT videos I saw by Jayco were not even two minutes and provided no real information of any use. Not even a page with links to all their vendors or products.

On the other hand, you have dealers like Haylett that provide some of the best videos on their products with walk throughs. If it had not been for this dealer effort, I would never of bought my 330RSTS sight unseen.
__________________

__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C 15K BTU, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:16 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
troutslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: NW AR (God's Country)
Posts: 1,848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
I have come to the conclusion that Jayco is making so much money that they just do not care about much of anything.

Their marketing sucks, they have no control over their dealers, their quality control is non existent, and their website sucks, as well.

They seem to pawn everything off on the dealers (i.e. repairs) including marketing. The only YT videos I saw by Jayco were not even two minutes and provided no real information of any use. Not even a page with links to all their vendors or products.

On the other hand, you have dealers like Haylett that provide some of the best videos on their products with walk throughs. If it had not been for this dealer effort, I would never of bought my 330RSTS sight unseen.
Man, Dude...take a chill pill. You're bringin me down.
__________________
Skip

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:40 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
nhfire152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Whitesboro, NY
Posts: 140
Jayco YouTube Site

X2 with the Haylett comment. Josh Winters does a fantastic job with his walk throughs. I must have watched no less than 40 different videos before making my decision on a North Point 375BHFS
__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew - Duramax
2016 Jayco North Point 375BHFS
nhfire152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:45 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
BigJohnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Florien, LA
Posts: 1,709
I enjoy Josh Winter's videos as well. I just wish he wouldn't beat the crap out of the cabinet doors so much, or jump up and down in the shower.
__________________
John and Rebecca Dickson
Emma-9 / Little John-6 / Iva-2
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat FX4, CC LB PSD, DRW
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 09:58 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutslayer View Post
Man, Dude...take a chill pill. You're bringin me down.
Sorry. Call them as I see them.

I can not tell you how many hours of research I did before making a decision on a floor plan and a manufacturer. Of that time, only about 1% of my effort was on Jayco's website.

The Grand Design\Reflection was my second choice and although their quality was obviously better, in my experience, floor plan wins 9 out of 10 times, hence my decision.
__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C 15K BTU, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:07 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Houston
Posts: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
I enjoy Josh Winter's videos as well. I just wish he wouldn't beat the crap out of the cabinet doors so much, or jump up and down in the shower.
Yeah, but you get to watch it all from "the corner of Boardwalk and Park Place."

LOL

P.S. I do not even want to admit how many of his videos I watched. He is very knowledgeable on his products and I learned a lot watching them.
__________________
2016 Jayco Eagle 330RSTS = "Madame Maxime"
Maxxis M8008 E rated Tires and 16" Wheel Upgrade
Dual A/C 15K BTU, 14K Equalizer WD hitch with SC
King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:23 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
nhfire152's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Whitesboro, NY
Posts: 140
I use his videos as training for my retirement gig. Lol
__________________
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew - Duramax
2016 Jayco North Point 375BHFS
nhfire152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 05:25 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Polk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bella Vista, Arkansas
Posts: 171
Now you got me thinking again. what other brands should I be thinking about?
__________________
2007 29 BHS
1999 F250, RIFFRAF NAPA AIR INTAKE, MBRP 4"EXHAUST, TS6 CHIP
Polk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 07:55 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Magnolia Tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Magnolia
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairenatic View Post
Yeah, but you get to watch it all from "the corner of Boardwalk and Park Place."



LOL



P.S. I do not even want to admit how many of his videos I watched. He is very knowledgeable on his products and I learned a lot watching them.

Don't forget "dads medicine cabinet"

I've watched too many of his videos as well but he does do a great job with them
__________________

__________________
2016 North Point 377 RLBH, with a few mods
2014 Ford F350 Platinum, CC, 6.7PSD, DRW, air bags, Curt Q25 hitch

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.