Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-04-2021, 03:21 PM   #1

Lazy Days RV

What your thoughts on Lazy Days? I just found out our dealer got bought out by them over the summer. We'll be looking again in a few years, and I can't tell you how disappointed I am. They were a great dealer. I really hope they don't go down hill now that it's a national company.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 06:49 AM   #2

Doc,

They are my local dealer too. My parents have bought 6 trailers there since the early 1980s and I've bought 2 from them since 2013. My family was part of the local Jayco camping club when I was growing up in the 1980s-90s. I remember when Tim was a teenager and helping out at his father's dealership when they were still at their old location.

I'm hoping the same thing as you. I heard about it this summer and was not pleased. Tim was looking to retire and no one in the family wanted the dealership.

Lazydays has been on a buying spree over the last couple of years and went from 2 locations to 16. I know there will be change. I hope it is for the better buy I fear it won't be.

I think the service department has slipped a little in the last few years, but hopefully it is just because of a change in personnel. My unit is there right now getting some warranty work and brake service done. I'll know more when I get the unit back.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
What your thoughts on Lazy Days? I just found out our dealer got bought out by them over the summer. We'll be looking again in a few years, and I can't tell you how disappointed I am. They were a great dealer. I really hope they don't go down hill now that it's a national company.
I'm going to miss Burlington RV too. Friends tried to deal with Lazy Days at one of their locations in Florida. Said they were terrible.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:52 AM   #4

I kind of figured they were looking to retire. I wish them well, but may not be so good for the customers.

When we bought our pop-up unit from them, in '93, I had a small issue that I felt was not resolved properly. I can't recall how I lodged the complaint, it was probably a voice mail. Tim Wegge personally called me about it. We spoke for about 40 minutes on the state of the RV industry and how it was so far behind the auto industry. He was keenly aware of how poor the industry as a whole didn't care about customers. Good guy and it solidified by business. We're on our 3rd unit purchased from Burlington.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote