Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2021, 07:46 AM   #61

One thing I find interesting is that when buying a new unit everyone recommends doing a thorough PDI when buying an RV. I highly agree. But what I would like to point out is, don't you think a good dealer would insure there is nothing negative to uncover during the PDI with the new owner? They should have it all fixed and perfect before the owner ever gets to that point. I've only bought one new RV in my life, and it was flawless during our PDI and we never had any problems with it in the 10 years we owned it. Maybe I just was extremely lucky!
Riich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 08:26 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riich View Post
One thing I find interesting is that when buying a new unit everyone recommends doing a thorough PDI when buying an RV. I highly agree. But what I would like to point out is, don't you think a good dealer would insure there is nothing negative to uncover during the PDI with the new owner? They should have it all fixed and perfect before the owner ever gets to that point. I've only bought one new RV in my life, and it was flawless during our PDI and we never had any problems with it in the 10 years we owned it. Maybe I just was extremely lucky!
Dealers like you describe are becoming dinosaurs. Most of the good dealers were family businesses that went out due to the economy. What has replaced them is the mega dealers that are owned by investors and run by employees. Their focus is on making money first and foremost. Good service, particularly warranty, is not high on the money making plan. PDI's are a cost center. Therefore, as little time as possible is expended. The object is to get it out the door and onto the next one. The same thing is happening in the boating business. If anyone finds a good dealer that cares about their customers, please let us all know who and where they are. They are the ones we need to support.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote