Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-27-2018, 05:28 AM   #1

New Jayco - So Far So Good

I took delivery yesterday of my new 267BHS. I was very happy on how the truck handled it on the way home as I am coming from a pop-up and haven't towed a 30' trailer in a long time. I installed Airlift 1000s on my truck last week along with a brand new Equal-i-zer hitch and my 1/2 ton towed it for the 2.5 hours home with no issues. I was equally impressed with the dealership and how they operate. I met the finance guy at the RV show in Hershey and since they didn't have the model I wanted at the show, I went to the dealership the next day. The salesman at the dealership was very nice and patient as I went into trailer after trailer. I put a deposit down that day and scheduled the pickup for yesterday as I had ordered a slide topper and a power tongue jack for the trailer. When I got to the dealership, the paperwork was ready to go and the mechanic at the walk-through for the trailer was very informative and patient as we asked many questions. We didn't feel rushed at all. It was probably the most pleasant experience I've had at any dealership every. I fully recommend Gayle Kline RV to anyone looking for a trailer. They are located just outside of Lancaster, PA. Next to install some mods. I bought a MaxAir vent cover which will be installed today. I also will build a little divider under the queen bed in the front to block the pass through area to the remainder of the storage under the bed. I will also be using some expanding foam under the trailer to seal up any gaps. Next, I will probably use some Eternabond to seal the seams while they are still somewhat clean. I am leaning towards getting a cover just for the winter months so if anyone has a recommendation for a brand, please let me know. The wife and I will be takingour first mini trip in a few weeks to break it in. I let you all know how it goes!
Helibassplyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:32 AM   #2

Pic of the new rig.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1662.jpg  
Old 09-27-2018, 06:07 AM   #3

Looks good. We love our new 265rls and had a good experience too with our dealer, Colerain RV in Cincinnati, OH. It's all about the dealer and how they make you feel. Happy trails to you.
maxdonport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:33 AM   #4

Awesome, congrats. We looked long and hard at the 267BHS, but ultimately got a slightly larger trailer. We also went to Gayle Kline, they were nice people. Hope you enjoy!
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 09:45 AM   #5

Congrats on the TT. Which dealer did you work with?

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 01:03 PM   #6

2edgesword I was working with Gayle Kline RV. Bruce was the salesman, and Tom Duffy was the gentleman I talked to at the Hersey show.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:56 PM   #7

Congratulations. Now go have fun!

2019 Whitehawk 28RL
2018 Ford F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/3.55

Dennis, Cindy, Philip, and Sarah
Ohiofinlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 05:43 PM   #8

Gayle Kline RV is top notch! One of the best buying experiences I have ever had, and I have purchased 7 new RV's over the past 20 years. I also met them at the Hershey show last year and ordered a new unit at the show. One year later....yep, we did it again and traded in and purchased another new Greyhawk Class C from them ! And we are located 2 1/2 hours away from their dealership, and purchased again from them without hesitation. Great customer service both before, during, and most importantly after the sale. They stand behind the Jayco product line without issue.

Good luck with your new Jayco, your already off to a good start with a great hometown dealer.
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 06:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Nardu View Post
Gayle Kline RV is top notch! One of the best buying experiences I have ever had, and I have purchased 7 new RV's over the past 20 years. I also met them at the Hershey show last year and ordered a new unit at the show. One year later....yep, we did it again and traded in and purchased another new Greyhawk Class C from them ! And we are located 2 1/2 hours away from their dealership, and purchased again from them without hesitation. Great customer service both before, during, and most importantly after the sale. They stand behind the Jayco product line without issue.

Good luck with your new Jayco, your already off to a good start with a great hometown dealer.
I see you're in S. Jersey. It's interesting that you went to Gayle Kline instead of Whitehorse RV which is probably quite a bit closer for you. I went down to their dealership and they just seemed like they wanted to rush me into a trailer without really knowing what I wanted or needed. Just didn't get a good feeling from them. Glad there are multiple posts on how good GK are. Curious about what campgrounds you go to in the South Jersey area. We are going to Winding River Campground in 2 weeks.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #10

Congrats on the new trailer

2018 34 RSBS
2016 GMC Sierra 2500 HD
14K/1400 Equalzer Hitch
BillMc40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:05 AM   #11

Helibassplyr;

Yup, White Horse is less than 30 minutes away from us. I too went shopping there first, and to make a long story short, had a terrible experience. Pushy sales staff with an attitude like they were doing you a favor while showing you different models and terrible pricing to boot. Decided to go to the Hershey show which is where we found Gayle Kline RV. Great people there and great pricing. Well worth the 2 1/2 hour drive for us ( Jared Nolt in sales is fantastic!). When camping local, we camp at Seashore in Cape May, Cape May KOA, and Ocean View as well. We have found all three parks to be excellent. Our other favorite RV destination, although not as local, is Castaways in Ocean City MD. If you have not been there, try it out, you will not be disappointed!
2015 EZ-GO TXT Golf Cart
South Jersey
K9Nardu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #12

Congrats, hope you enjoy your new trailer. Safe travels.

2015 F-350 Super Duty Crew Cab 6.2L
2018 Jayco 23RL Travel Trailer
Equal-i-zer Sway Control Hitch
PacNWCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helibassplyr View Post
Pic of the new rig.
Helibassplyr, Just wondering how much you paid for your slide topper installed? I bought my 2019 267BHS from Kline RV as well and am thinking about a topper. They quoted me between $600-$720. That's not a small amount and I'm on the fence. I don't have any issues with the slide, but I'm just thinking ahead. Its hard to get up there and check it before sliding it in.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:47 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
Helibassplyr, Just wondering how much you paid for your slide topper installed? I bought my 2019 267BHS from Kline RV as well and am thinking about a topper. They quoted me between $600-$720. That's not a small amount and I'm on the fence. I don't have any issues with the slide, but I'm just thinking ahead. Its hard to get up there and check it before sliding it in.

Welcome to the forum.

You'll find, too, that the topper keeps the sun off the slide roof when in direct sun. The slide roof is thinner than the main part and you can feel, and measure, the warmer ceiling in the slide.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote