Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2020, 05:31 PM   #1

Smile Newbie Jayco 24FBS Owner with first issue?

Hey Everyone, I am the proud owner of my first RV and have been watching 100's of Youtube videos and trying to learn as much as possible about the RV. I thought this group might be able to assist me with flattening my learning curve, lol. Our first trip was last week to Snow Canyon in Utah - we did a pretty good job of it mostly since it was only a short distance from Vegas and the park had an easy pull through site with electric and water. I did run into a problem I am not sure to handle, when I went to disconnect the city water I noticed that I had a leak coming from under the shower area. Not sure exactly where the leak is coming from since there is a giant sheet of protective black plastic bolted to the underneath of the trailer? Am I gonna have to take the whole thing off or do you cut around the pipes? Hope I don't have to remove it since it seems like a major hassle Thanks in advance for your help and look forward to being part of the community.
sgmbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:44 PM   #2

Before you start surgery lets make sure of the illness. Your rv has "low Point drains" which are ways to get all the water out of tank and lines for winter storage in freezing temperature. Not sure of your model but in a lot of Jaycos the shut offs are located near the pump. May be in other places. Make sure you have not left one of them on and you are seeing water from one of them running out. There should be markings and little pipes hanging down.
You didn't say the year of yours. If it was sold new then this could be a warranty issue and the dealer should fix it under warranty. Some dealers offer a short warranty or will help out if it is soon after the purchase of a used RV.

Hook it up to your hose at home. Watch for the leak. If it is almost immediate look to see if it is coming from a pipe. If it does not drip until you run water in the shower then it is possibly a shower drain problem. Send a picture if you can.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:24 PM   #3

Progress - but I have a question for you guys?

So, I wanted to start by saying I appreciate the advise! Per your suggestion, I connected my city water inlet and "no" leak. I ran all of the faucets "no" leak. And then I had a revelation. Just before I had the leak I was flushing my gray water tank with a Rhino blaster attatchment to rinse my tank, so I decided to open the gray water tank and see if there were any leaks and "no" leak. Is it possible that the Rhino blaster was spraying water in to the tank and that some of the water had escaped an overflow valve?
Thanks again for you advise.
sgmbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:10 PM   #4

My 19 248rsbw had a city water leak that was coming out under the shower.
Had warranty work done and was told it was the shower p trap leaking.

After the repair I looked underneath and saw where the dealer cut the covering but it was under the kitchen sink area.Looks like they just patched the opening with the same material and used screws.

Going to remove and see what was done.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:12 PM   #5

Take pictures as you go along to show shoddy work to the repair place or Jayco. Others may have had the same problem and can offer help.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgmbarnes View Post
I was flushing my gray water tank with a Rhino blaster attatchment to rinse my tank

I don't have direct access to the gray water tank and don't know why you'd use a rhino blaster anyway. They're usually used on the black water tank I believe.

pward is offline   Reply With Quote