Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-27-2021, 11:01 AM   #1

Octane T30F Slide Out Issues

We have a 2018 Octane T30F that we purchased brand new. About 10 months ago, the slide out stopped pulling the slide out back in. We have to push on the slide and go about 6-8 inches, then back it out about an inch, then repeat the process to get the slide to go all the way in. We took the trailer to the dealership we bought it from once the Covid restrictions were somewhat lifted to get it repaired. They said our warranty had expired about 8 months ago and Jayco declined the repair request. If there were no Covid restrictions, we would have had the trailer dropped off within the warranty period. Also, we bought an extended warranty through the dealership when we initially bought the trailer that supposedly covers everything bumper to bumper, but the extended warranty is denying the claim due to "manufacturer defect". So, Jayco says they won't fix it and the extended warranty company is saying they won't fix it because Jayco has a poor design. Is anyone else having issues with their slide out like I have described above? Not necessarily just toy haulers, but any trailers, 5th wheels, motorhomes, etc.?
OCTANE_T30F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:55 PM   #2

Did you try to re sync it? That is what it sounds like.

Old 04-27-2021, 01:20 PM   #3

the trailer has been in the shop for 8 weeks now and the only thing they have done is taken it apart, at my cost, to inspect everything, take pictures, and send the pics to Jayco and the extended warranty company. Either Jayco should fix it or the extended warranty company should fix it. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue?
OCTANE_T30F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCTANE_T30F View Post
the trailer has been in the shop for 8 weeks now and the only thing they have done is taken it apart, at my cost, to inspect everything, take pictures, and send the pics to Jayco and the extended warranty company. Either Jayco should fix it or the extended warranty company should fix it. I wonder if anyone else has had this issue?
Didn't realize it was currently at the dealer and I can understand your frustration.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #5

If you bought it brand new 10 months ago you still have 14 months of warranty. Warranty start dates do not start until the unit is sold same as cars. I would talk to Jayco myself
Old 04-27-2021, 08:36 PM   #6

Oh I see you bought it new and 10 months ago you had an issue. Disregard.
Old 06-03-2021, 04:49 PM   #7

Did you ever get it figured out?

I have 2019 T30F and one side has stopped working as well. I cant even find the slideout controller?
Dave1 is offline   Reply With Quote