Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2017, 02:03 AM   #1

Optional fuel station

Did a search but surprisingly there's no info on this maybe it's too new. Does anyone know if the fuel station option is available on any of the new travel trailer models or does it have to be a toy hauler?

I think it's a wonderful option if for any other reason to fill up the generator
Cheaperrooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:40 AM   #2

For everyone:

Mr. --------thank you for your inquiry and for your interest in Jayco.

The fuel station is only available on our Octane, Octane Super Lite, Talon, Seismic and Seismic Wave toy haulers. The Octane and Octane Super Lite are toy hauler travel trailers; the Talon, Seismic and Seismic Wave toy hauler fifth wheels.

I wish I had better news.

Thanks again for your note. Please let us know if you have any follow-up
Cheaperrooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:03 AM   #3

Yeah, I have only seen it offered on toy haulers. I don't think enough people boondock to drive the demand for it. There is also another possible drawback to a fuel station.

If you crawl under a toy hauler that has a fuel station and has the underbody insulation package, you will find that the insulation stops where the fuel tank is. They might have the Aluminum insulation under the floor still but the shielding will end. This is because there is a code where they can't enclose the fuel tank for the fuel station inside the underbelly insulation package. So the back of the camper won't be as well insulated on the floor as the front part. Of course this isn't an issue if the camper isn't equipped with the underbody insulation package but at least around here they all seem to have that option installed.