Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2023, 03:20 PM   #1

Parking in San Diego

Going to San Diego for the 4th to visit my daughter and family. Can't park my RV at her condo, though I am staying there.

I have tried a 1/2 dozen RV parks in the area and they are full. Both for staying there and just parking short term.

Any thought on somewhere I could park my 30ft C for a few days in downtown San Diego?

Thanks

Steeve
stbold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 05:54 PM   #2

Silver Strand in Coronado shows sites available right now. Once there you may not want to leave to go visiting as this State campground is right on the beach.

This is my favorite campground and I go there often. Don't want to get the word out to make it even more crowded that it already gets.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 07:51 PM   #3

I've rented a storage space for 30 days even though I used it for only 8 days. Still cheaper than a campground
Old 06-06-2023, 07:56 AM   #4

Downtown SD? - whoa- lived north of SD for 30+ years- parking downtown is impossible...food for thought:
Marinas - some have big parking lots to accommodate trucks and boat trailers - contact the marina's manager he might have room?
General Aviation Airport ( Clairemont Mesa, Carlsbad, Ocean side) all have airports - might be able to park next to a hanger
Kearny Mesa has a large number of manufacturing sites - talk to a rental agent..maybe they'll let you park in a parking lot near a large building for rent.
There is a large Harley Davidson dealer near the 5 fwy - MC dealers get desperate when the economy gets tough...maybe he'll let you park "out back" for a fee...?
Good luck with your quest....hth
Old 06-06-2023, 10:06 AM   #5

Leaving it for only a few days in an unsecured location is an open invitation to anyone looking for a quick score. The last time we were in San Diego it was over-run with homeless and beggars everywhere. As soon as I opened my door at a gas station there was a guy asking if I had “change”! I doubt it’s improved since we were there in 2020. Never going back!
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking, san diego