Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-17-2016, 10:38 AM   #1

PDI (Pre-delivery Inspection for purchasing RV's) Checklist with bullets - updated

I took some time to improve on the already great PDI Checklist that Bluestreak put together. I formed it into categories and used check boxes to make it a little easier to follow.

I just took delivery this past weekend and used it. It was a pretty smooth process using this copy.

I added a couple screen shots so you can see what it looks like before you download the complete form, which is a total of 11 pages including the facer page.

I hope people can get some good use out of it!

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 11.28.24 AM.png   Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 11.27.54 AM.png  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RV_PDI-2.pdf (128.6 KB, 3390 views)
Old 05-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #2

Thanks, Good documentation

015 Ford F250 Lariat SD
2015 Jayco WhiteHawk 27DSRL (Sold)
2017 KZ Durango D281RLT.
RSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:52 PM   #3

Thank you for taking a previous PDI and making it more user-friendly. We actually took it with us for our PDI two weeks ago. The square check-off bullets was quite useful

It is now a "sticky".
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #4

It was my pleasure! I'm all about efficiency! Work smart not hard and all that!
Old 06-05-2016, 12:13 PM   #5

Thank you SO much for this! I was going to make my own and you saved me a lot of time on research and work. It's so well put together, too. I really appreciate it!

~Lisa
Campin'_Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:49 AM   #6

Great Info, going to change the pick up time for mine so there is time for longer inspection and possible repairs!
Jbrusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:44 AM   #7

Thanks so much. I've sent a copy to the dealer so he will be ready for me next Tuesday for the walk through of my new 34RSBS. I'm hoping they will make sure everything is done correctly. Mike
mikeandpennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:39 AM   #8
ATL

Hi. Yes a checklist is invaluable. I only wish I had tried to brush my teeth in our 2016 Designer 37RS. The medicine cabinet is too far out from wall or the sink is too far back which makes it impossible for anyone over age of three to brush teeth or wash face.
ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #9

Thanks, I'm just placing my order so this will come in handy
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:58 AM   #10

Thank you! I've already printed this out in advance.
kevinrbellamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 05:04 AM   #11

Awesome! I have two friends looking at RVs. I will get this to them.
hbravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 04:48 PM   #12

thank You

I expect delivery of my new Jayflight 38 FDDS and first trailer in March so this will be a huge help. I am also going to have a couple people who are over the top critical....you know those people that always find something wrong with things come with me. I figure I will be so excited and overwhelmed that what ever I miss they will definitely pick up on!!
bulldog182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 05:05 PM   #13

I am picking up a Pinnacle 38FLSA in five days. I will definitely be using this checklist. Thanks!
jaydub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inthewind View Post
It was my pleasure! I'm all about efficiency! Work smart not hard and all that!
Thanks. My friends camper is at the dealer & mine is coming off the line
March 20. This sure will help.
Curt 25K with a roller for short bed
Curt front hitch for bicycles
DirtHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:37 PM   #15

Wish I had had this when I picked up my unit. One of the blinds does not operate (we've never used the unit yet) and I'm having a heck of a time getting my dealer to replace it. Also one of the slides was damaged when we bought it and had huge promises that the replacement part would be here in two weeks (that was October 2016), still hasn't appeared.
Also, why in the world would a screen door not have a way to latch it when the storm door is open? I have dogs and just realized that just a touch of their noses will open that door for a quick exit for them. GRRR.
Moparmisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:15 AM   #16

New to the Blog but the first thing I noticed was the Check List. Taking delivery of the new 5th wheel next week and have already downloaded your extensive list. Much more detailed than the one I have used before. Also, forwarded to the Dealership as a warning to ensure their Service Tech understands how long the PDI will be this time as opposed to the last time. Thanks for the support. Ski
Skidawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:41 AM   #17

I'm new to the forum and RV ownership. This list will be a valuable tool when I checkout a 2014 Eagle Premier 351RLTS later this week. Thanks!
MyronG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #18

PDI Checklist

I've been reading the comments on the check list. Has anyone actually used it at the dealers? The list is long and very detailed which I think would take 4 hours or more. My rep is saying they provide a tech for walk through, but only for an hour +/-. I'm now prioritizing the list to ensure top items are covered while I have a tech with me.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:15 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
. My rep is saying they provide a tech for walk through, but only for an hour +/-. I'm now prioritizing the list to ensure top items are covered while I have a tech with me.
I would take a copy of the check list to your REP and tell him that your plan to check everything on that list and then ask him if that list can be completed in the time that they have allotted. And if he baulks at that list then ask him why they want to rush through a PDI inspection.

Or maybe you can make a pre walk through prior to a walk through with the tech. Just remember If you haven't signed off on the deal then you should still be in control. Also check your sales agreement to see if there is any time limit placed on a PDI inspection
bedrck46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 11:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
I've been reading the comments on the check list. Has anyone actually used it at the dealers? The list is long and very detailed which I think would take 4 hours or more. My rep is saying they provide a tech for walk through, but only for an hour +/-. I'm now prioritizing the list to ensure top items are covered while I have a tech with me.
Sometimes, it is better to have the tech go away and leave you alone with the RV to look over all the things you can look over yourself. Then after you do that, go fetch the tech and go thru the other stuff.
We took 3 hours to go thru our PDI WITH the tech on stuff like turning on the Hot water heater, letting it get warm with electric, then finished getting hotter with electric, furnace, AC, What fuses in the panel box went to what... operating the radio, Television and DVD player, etc, Then we dismissed the tech to look over everything else very carefully. We found some things like a crooked bathroom door, and also able to see thru the bathroom door strike plat, crooked radio and coat hooks. We also found one blind string that was fraying. My wife went and fetched the tech and they fixed the other stuff we found on the spot. After all.... YOU are paying for it, NOT the tech. Would you rather find issues while there or have to go back later.
That is why they like to get rid of you before you can find too much stuff that needs fixed or adjusted.
Like Bekrck46 said, do not sign UNTIL AFTER you do the walk thru so you have more control.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote