Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-08-2017, 07:05 PM   #1

Pinnicle or solitude

How many pinnicle owners looked at GD Solitude and purchased Jayco? What did you like or not like about the solitude and which is more money?
Sask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:42 PM   #2

We looked at the Solitude but went with the Pinnacle for a few reasons:
- liked the floor plan better
- familiar with Jayco (this is our third)
- we have a fantastic dealer and the local GD dealers don’t have very good reputations
- fit and finish of the Pinnacle was better
- IMHO Jayco thought through the little things, GD not so much. May not mean much to some, but I like that my batteries have a dedicated space that’s separated from the rest of the front basement while the GDs were exposed to everything that was in there
- liked the appliances Jayco uses better

I don’t recall exact pricing, but I do remember that it was close enough not to be a deciding factor.

I don’t think you’ll go wrong with either unit. Friends have a GD and are thrilled with it.
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:29 AM   #3

I️ chose my NorthPoint over a Solitude. Some of my decision was based on dealer proximity, but like the appliances and a couple other options better on the NP. Price was similar. I️ think the Pinnacle is a step up from Solitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andersen Ultimate 5ver Hitch
bzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #4

Not sure what Jayco will become now as a part of Thor, but it has been a great company in past. Our dealer sells both Jayco and Grand Design, they seem to think or portray the solitude is ahead of the Jayco other than the Designer not sure if they get a bigger kick back from GD or not. I’m not sure I agree!! I do think the jayco has a nicer outside appearance for sure. Jayco seems to put a lot of thought into the little things as well. Price wise the Solitude is just a bit higher but as Rob said that wouldn’t be final decision. GD does PDI Everything before leaving the plant so everything should work, but there still seems to be lots of unhappy owners but that may be the dealer as we all know with customer service after. Thanks
Old 11-09-2017, 12:47 PM   #5

I see you have a Anderson ultimate hitch, how do you like it and which position do you have the king pin coupler on forward for more cab clearance or back so camper cap is closer to truck window. Have you tried both ways and is there a weight transfer to front end difference? I think I am going to go with the Anderson! Thanks
Old 11-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sask View Post
I see you have a Anderson ultimate hitch, how do you like it and which position do you have the king pin coupler on forward for more cab clearance or back so camper cap is closer to truck window. Have you tried both ways and is there a weight transfer to front end difference? I think I am going to go with the Anderson! Thanks

Yes and so far I️ really like it!! I️ have it installed exactly how they instruct in the video and manual. I️ have a long bed so clearance is not an issue for me and I’ve not tried it the other way. I will say I️ was impressed by how little my truck squatted when I️ attached the trailer.

As for your comments on Solitude vs. Jayco, the Solitude dealer I️ was working with took the same approach when we were discussing pricing. Made some comment about the Pinnacle and NP not being in the same class. Having seen them all and studied options, I️ felt as though the NP and Solitude were on par and the Pinnacle was a little nicer. I did like the 101” wide body but in my model, the Jayco was longer so it was a wash. Don’t think you can go wrong with either brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andersen Ultimate 5ver Hitch
bzeller is offline   Reply With Quote