Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoQuest294 View Post
There have been some interesting upgrades made to the 2019 new truck lineup that should help make it a better stronger tow vehicle.

Ram
Dana Super 60.
3.6-liter Pentastar engine

3.92:1 gears and have a max towing rating of 12,750 pounds.

Ram will offer three axle ratio choices: 3.21:1, 3.55:1 and 3.92:1.

The Max Tow Package and it's the gear set attached to the configuration with the highest gross combined weight rating of 18,200 pounds.

Here are just a few examples, with the top payload and trailering combinations:
Quad Cab 4x2, 3.6-liter V-6: 3.55:1, 7,100 GVWR, 2,320 payload (max payload)

Quad Cab 4x2, 5.7-liter V-8 with eTorque: 3.92:1, 6,900 GVWR, 12,750 towing (max trailering)

Quad Cab 4x2, 5.7-liter: 3.21:1, 6,900 GVWR, 13,900 GCWR, 8,590 towing

Quad Cab 4x4, 3.6-liter V-6: 3.21:1, 6,800 GVWR, 11,900 GCWR, 6,460 towing

Crew cab 4x2, short box, 3.6-liter V-6: 3.55:1, 6,900 GVWR, 12,900 GCWR, 7,590 towing

Crew cab 4x4, short box, 5.7-liter V-8 with eTorque: 3.92:1, 7,100 GVWR, 17,000 GCWR, 11,190 towing

Crew cab 4x2, long box, 3.6-liter V-6: 3.55:1, 6,900 GVWR, 12,900 GCWR, 7,550 towing

Crew cab 4x4, long box, 5.7-liter V-8 with eTorque: 3.21:1, 7,100 GVWR, 13,900 GCWR, 8,080 towing

The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado has upgrades too.

I prefer the Diesel
I'm guessing this was meant for a different thread.
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:00 AM   #22

That sounds lioe quite the muscle truck JaycoQuest294. I see myself with this used Tundra Crewmax I'm picking up Friday for several years unless my current camper hunt that seems to be taking me to the 5-7,000 pound weight class changes later for ANOTHER step up in weight that could take me to the 3/4 ton class of truck. I know it's been said here to buy your truck to fit possible future camper upgrades but my wife likes cozy so I don't see me pulling a second house around the country that would dictate a 3/4 ton truck anytime soon. It's still fun shopping truck though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Jerry B.
"Stateboy" (Formerly "36fire412")
SW Lower Michigan
2016 X254
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax TRD 4x4
stateboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36fire412 View Post
I don't see me pulling a second house around the country that would dictate a 3/4 ton truck anytime soon.
Agreed.
JaycoQuest294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #24

I feel that we got a reasonable deal at the Tampa show last week by buying a new 2017 precept, but mostly because we managed to get $21k more for our trades than before the show and we still got the lower advertised pricing on the Precept which was like $40k off MSRP. Could have saved a bunch more if paying cash but wasn’t in that position.

We did use the show as a chance to compare all of the other similarly equipped 35’ range gas class A models. I liked the Tiffin and Newmar Canyon Star models but pricing was too much higher. And I honestly liked the 17 precept better than the bounder, vista xl and nexus models when I compared the combined features for the cost. If I could combine individual features from each into one model it would be nice but doesn’t work that way unless custom high dollar.

Overall I think the show worked well for us this time but next time down the road who knows.
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 12:25 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebKen View Post
We bought ours on the last day of the RV show close to closing time. We purchased the floor model which had the entertainment package already installed (TV). They had dropped the price even lower than the show price and because we bought the floor model our price was even lower. We paid a little over 1/2 of the MSRP. I would say in our case it was worth buying at the show!
Wow, heck of a deal. Nice idea taking their floor model.
Just goes to show that dealers have quite a bit of room to come down. Being an educated buyer is the best thing to bring in making a purchase.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 08:27 PM   #26

Quote:
What's been the experience of those of you that have purchased a camper of any sort at RV shows across the country? Specifically, I wondered if anyone has struck a better deal than the advertised "show" price that they promote on the campers on those particular weekends (msrp - discount - show discount - rebate if any = show price)? Some may say they had some "free" upgrades thrown in but I wondered if anyone ever cut the dollar at the bottom line. Im just trying to maximize a potential show purchase in Grand Rapids, MI today before they shut down. Thanks!

Jerry

We recently bought our second trailer the Hummingbird 17RK at the show in Cleveland. We had looked around at all the similar units on the market. I spent a lot of time researching all the models and prices. I think the shows have great prices. I found I wasn’t as surprised by the show prices because of the time I spent doing research. Try to visit a couple dealers and do your research before going to a show.
BuckeyeHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 07:40 AM   #27

Quote:
What's been the experience of those of you that have purchased a camper of any sort at RV shows across the country? Specifically, I wondered if anyone has struck a better deal than the advertised "show" price that they promote on the campers on those particular weekends (msrp - discount - show discount - rebate if any = show price)? Some may say they had some "free" upgrades thrown in but I wondered if anyone ever cut the dollar at the bottom line. Im just trying to maximize a potential show purchase in Grand Rapids, MI today before they shut down. Thanks!

Jerry

I read the post where you walked away. Try calling Tradewinds Rv in Clio. Ask for Tara. She followed up very well and worked hard for our business. This is the second Jayco we have purchased from Tradewinds. Their price was much lower than the price at the GR RV show. I checked.
tmielke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:06 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmielke View Post
I read the post where you walked away. Try calling Tradewinds Rv in Clio. Ask for Tara. She followed up very well and worked hard for our business. This is the second Jayco we have purchased from Tradewinds. Their price was much lower than the price at the GR RV show. I checked.

X2 on tradewinds. I’ve bought 2 from them- they always negotiate to well below “show pricing” and are great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Eagle HT 29.5BHDS -- 2011 F350 CCSB 4x4 PSD
repacs0103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:21 AM   #29

Check here for price comparison https://www.rvdirect.com

We bought at the Tampa show from their Tampa location. Pick up Thursday. The direct price was a good bit less than their show price but we had trades to deal with and the direct route wouldn’t sell at their lower price without killing my trade price. We got a good deal at the show I think given our trade situation. Much better than our attempts before the show but could have gotten a much better price if paying cash via the direct route. Maybe if nothing else the website gives you some price negotiating power or comparison.

Good luck at the show.
txbonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 09:56 AM   #30

A little late, but just wanted to provide feedback on my experience. We just went to our local RV show this past weekend and ended up buying a Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 31FP. I think we ended up with a great deal. We had two dealers working against each other as we were considering the Entegra Esteem and the Jayco. We got a really good offer on the Jayco and then the Jayco rep threw in another $4k from the factory. The MSRP on it was $134 and we ended up picking it up for $80k ($85k out the door).

As for your question about negotiating below the show sales price, they went WELL below the advertised show price. The entregra dealer was offering us the Esteem (greyhawk presige version) for basically the same price as the Odyssey (redhawk version) show sale price. The redhawk was being advertised for 77k if I recall correctly and we got the greyhawk prestige for just a couple thousand over that.
JeepnRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 12:19 PM   #31

I was at the same show in Novi this past weekend. I was there to kill a day and see what the latest and greatest is. No intentions at all of purchasing a new one, but just for kicks and grins I did do some price shopping. I found most units there that had the great and spectacular show price were pretty fair with what you could get it from another dealer elsewhere. I found the rest being half and half. Half were actually a REALLY good deal and the other half, yeah, I dont think so. It appeared that General Rv had like one or two units that were a decent buy, a few more that weren't even close to being a good deal, and the rest of their show price specials were pretty fair priced. They want people to think they are getting this GREAT deal by knocking off so much for the show. Well, if they can sell it for the price at the show, then they can sell it on their lot for that same price every other day. I've never been impressed with them if you cant tell. Lol!
Old 02-10-2020, 02:09 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
I was at the same show in Novi this past weekend. I was there to kill a day and see what the latest and greatest is. No intentions at all of purchasing a new one, but just for kicks and grins I did do some price shopping. I found most units there that had the great and spectacular show price were pretty fair with what you could get it from another dealer elsewhere. I found the rest being half and half. Half were actually a REALLY good deal and the other half, yeah, I dont think so. It appeared that General Rv had like one or two units that were a decent buy, a few more that weren't even close to being a good deal, and the rest of their show price specials were pretty fair priced. They want people to think they are getting this GREAT deal by knocking off so much for the show. Well, if they can sell it for the price at the show, then they can sell it on their lot for that same price every other day. I've never been impressed with them if you cant tell. Lol!
I had no intention on buying either! It was more of wasting a day and looking for cool stuff to buy for our camper....that we just bought 10 months ago. However, the wife started looking at the Class C's and I've always said we need to get something to tow the jeep with vs towing a small camper with the jeep....skip to now and we have the Jayco lol

We were negotiating between General RV and National RV. We ended up going with National, mostly because my wife wanted the Jayco version vs the Entrega.
JeepnRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:17 PM   #33

Good call on going with National RV. Them guys at General are like a bunch of piranhas. My buddy at work bought a Cedar Creek from them and was pretty happy. It was his first trailer and first time towing, ...pretty much anything. I did the hitch install in his truck bed and went with him to go and get his new trailer. It was quite comical, he white knuckled that poor thing the whole way home and was more nervous than a hooker in a church. Lol! He barely drove 60mph the whole way home. Hes much better now.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:25 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepnRv View Post
A little late, but just wanted to provide feedback on my experience. We just went to our local RV show this past weekend and ended up buying a Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 31FP. I think we ended up with a great deal. We had two dealers working against each other as we were considering the Entegra Esteem and the Jayco. We got a really good offer on the Jayco and then the Jayco rep threw in another $4k from the factory. The MSRP on it was $134 and we ended up picking it up for $80k ($85k out the door).

As for your question about negotiating below the show sales price, they went WELL below the advertised show price. The entregra dealer was offering us the Esteem (greyhawk presige version) for basically the same price as the Odyssey (redhawk version) show sale price. The redhawk was being advertised for 77k if I recall correctly and we got the greyhawk prestige for just a couple thousand over that.
Looks like you got about 40% off- way to go! Congratulations!