Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2021, 06:34 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vfoote3 View Post
Have one Solar panel installed by jayco and two interstate batteries. When Seismic is not being used will it run off of the solar if we turn the battery kill switch off?
Thanks in advance.
I believe the solar charges the battery which runs the fridge, so killing the battery would shut off power to the fridge. I could be wrong. I'm still learning about solar/invertors/res fridge since mine came with all these and my last one didn't
Flashdman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 10:19 PM   #42

you are correct, 110 and propane have there pros & cons. if your plan is solar look at DC refriges, the will prove to be the most efficient. we have all 3 and it is our dometic CFX 12 volt 75 qt cooler that shines. it all comes down oh how you utilize your trailer.
Noblewk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 09:26 AM   #43

Really comes down to how you camp. We spent a week dry camping in Arches and Canyonlands National Parks. Our friends had a new camper with a residential fridge/inverter with 2 100 amp hour wet cell batteries. He had a 100 watt solar panel to replenish the batteries. Needless to say, they were using a cooler and ice as the fridge killed the batteries in short order. Granted, we were camping on the surface of the sun so the refrigerator was working over time. Our fridge ran on propane no problem as my 100 watt solar panel and 1 100 amp hour battery kept up just fine. We ordered our 317RLOK with dual source fridge as we like to dry camp. I'm not big on generators mainly because I'm lazy and don't want to carry it and be at the campground to run it. I prefer a solar panel, set it and forget it! You can easily get by with just solar with the two way refrigerator and a decent battery. If you plan on dry camping much, know what your are getting into with residential fridges. Dealers have no idea on the power demands those will need.
vanspragg is offline   Reply With Quote