Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-27-2022, 10:47 PM   #21

Not only a downturn for new vehicles but I predicted after the first few month of the frantic RV buying that we would see a glut of used RV's for sale once Covid ended. Take a look around, there is a lot of pretty good deals starting to show up.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 04:52 PM   #22

I was mentioned on RV miles also. It’s been traveling around the RV news circuit.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 06:28 PM   #23

My feeling toward the Dealers that price gouged the buyers during the Pandemic,,is it will not hurt my feelings if you suffer a little bit now. And if that means going Belly-Up so be it..They should not have price gouged buyers….
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 06:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida ranger View Post
my feeling toward the dealers that price gouged the buyers during the pandemic,,is it will not hurt my feelings if you suffer a little bit now. And if that means going belly-up so be it..they should not have price gouged buyers….

amen to that!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2022, 07:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by klinner28 View Post
I've noticed here in the NE - basically NY, DE, PA area, the reservations are roughly the same as pre-covid, just by observation via booking through websites.

It's hard to get weekend spots at KOAs and nicer campsites, but there could be 1-2 sites avail if checking at the right time. There hasn't been not much difference despite the surge in RV purchases.
Right I had trouble getting a campsite last week and they are booked up for the rest of the summer. Gas by me has dropped to 3.69 and they were talking about the housing market here is booming. I guess it all depends on where you live. RV prices are going to drop to what they should be. Why should a person walk in to a dealership and fight to get 40,000 of list instead of listing them at a reasonable price to begin with. Just think of all the people that paid list or close to list and now they are so upside down they can't recover
Old 07-30-2022, 08:51 PM   #26

My Dad would tell the gouging dealer (if he was still alive) ( I am 70 yrs old) ,,to put on your Big Boy Pantys cause you are going to need them to survive now and good luck….
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 06:33 AM   #27

Price

With what's going on now with RV sales dropping, I'm wishing I had took the offer I had a couple months for my Jayco Seneca Super C. If I'd sold it then for nearly twice what I have for it in 19. Could waited a year and get a deal on one of these 22s that will be setting on a dealers lot.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:01 AM   #28

I keep getting the emails from a couple of big national dealers and they are advertising 35% off MSRP now. I am sure one could easily get them down to 40% off with ease. But even with the high discounts, the rvs are priced so ridiculously high , they are still considerably more expensive than 2019. For example my 2018 Redhawk 29xk msrp was $100k. I recieved 40% off and paid $60k for it. Same rv now has $155k msrp so if one recieved 40% off it would still be $93k to buy it. In 4 years price has increased over 50% . So for me those msrp numbers would have to drop, whch I seriously doubt ever will, or we enter a new broader version of % off where we start seeing 50% or 55% .
#Love4Layla
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:15 AM   #29
Lost in the Woods

Selling water to hurricane evacuees for 5x ordinary retail is price gouging. Selling RV's for what the market will bear is no different from you selling your house for what the market determines or selling your RV in 2020 for more than you paid for it in 2017. Water, Food, Rents are necessities, RV's, Boats, Jetski's, and the like are toys.
Onyrlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 08:24 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyrlef View Post
Selling water to hurricane evacuees for 5x ordinary retail is price gouging. Selling RV's for what the market will bear is no different from you selling your house for what the market determines or selling your RV in 2020 for more than you paid for it in 2017. Water, Food, Rents are necessities, RV's, Boats, Jetski's, and the like are toys.
yup - Agree
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 03:05 PM   #31

We were at Mistletoe Ga campground last week and weekend. The lack of campers during a nice late July week was astonishing (20-30% full during the week and maybe 50% on weekend?). Would have expected full house on weekend. A good time to buy a new camper is on the horizon.
Old 07-31-2022, 05:13 PM   #32

I love in my RV. So it's like my home.
Donzidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:32 PM   #33

Not only are the RV dealers saddled with a pile of new inventory but those that bought new rigs during Covid to avoid hotels, or may be selling due to high gas prices or an economic down turn and such, may be dumping thier one to three year old RVs on the market.

May be a great time to buy new or newer used rigs. However, with the crap that has been produced during Covid, I'm not sure I'd want anything built in the last two to three years. Maybe an industry slowdown might at least bring back some quality control!

Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:02 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper906 View Post
I wish I had an answer or suggestions for these problems, but I'm at a loss without going political.
Personal responsibility would solve a lot of it.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:09 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Why should a person walk in to a dealership and fight to get 40,000 of list instead of listing them at a reasonable price to begin with. Just think of all the people that paid list or close to list and now they are so upside down they can't recover
Again, personal responsibility. During Covid my wife wanted to buy an above ground pool. A $120 pool had gone up to over $1000. If you choose to pay too much, that's your own fault.

Just like when people used their house as credit cards and thought home values would continue to skyrocket. If you choose to leverage your house so you can buy new and expensive toys, shame on you when you're left holding the bag at the end.

Repeat after me... personal responsibility. Not everyone who is suffering right now had all the same options, but a LOT of people made poor financial decisions and have to bear the cost now.
spoon059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:09 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoon059 View Post
Personal responsibility would solve a lot of it.
Yes it would but that would mean doing the right thing. Something society has seemed to have forgotten. Seems it's more about keeping up with friends, neighbors and being able to show off on Facetwit.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 06:27 AM   #37
Lost in the Woods

Simple, one size fits all, solutions to complex problems haven't historically worked out that well.
Old 08-01-2022, 08:42 AM   #38

My grandparents lived through two world wars, and a depression. My parents lived through the depression and ww2. Anyone under the age of 50 has no concept of real restraint or preparation for downturns since the 'education' isn't passed along at the dinner table any more.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:58 AM   #39
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
My grandparents lived through two world wars, and a depression. My parents lived through the depression and ww2. Anyone under the age of 50 has no concept of real restraint or preparation for downturns since the 'education' isn't passed along at the dinner table any more.
My Mother grew up picking cotton in N. Florida and S. Alabama, she said they didn't realize things were bad during the depression because they were already so bad they couldn't get much worse.
Old 08-01-2022, 09:28 AM   #40
RPR

Numbers I see say number of RVs shipped. Is this shipped from manufactures or do they use the word shipped when dealer sales one. Wonder what the “sales” number is. We have always lived within our means. The heck with keeping up with the Joneses.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote