Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-21-2020, 06:31 PM   #1

Screen protection.

OK I have 3 dogs, one crazy ptibul/lab mix with typical terrier drive and two wirehaired pointers that have a prey drive out of this world. Needing to find a way to keep them from crashing through the screen on the door and especially the rear pull down screen in the toyhauler when some critter walks by. That one cant be cheap to replace and is pretty transparent.

What solutions have you found? I think there may be a product for sale for the screen door but not so sure abut the rear screen.

I was thining construction fencing and command hooks on the side walls or a truck bungie cargo net.

Open to ideas....
flyfishscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:50 PM   #2

Shock collars and perimeter training
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 06:52 PM   #3

they sell one at menards to protect sliding door and other screen door screens from animal destruction. Maybe you could cut it down a bit? or buy on like on camping world "screen door Grille, black" or the Camco one 43980 for $40 both found by googling screen door protector for RV.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:13 PM   #4

I take collars with me but cant keep them on all the time and if I dont see them bolt inside the rig I cant stop them. They see a deer, badger, skunk etc they (especially the pitbull) will be after it. The hunting dogs I have a bit more controll over when it comes to chasing furred game.
Old 05-21-2020, 07:15 PM   #5

I saw the RV door ones just now. Thought they did those. Ill probably get one of them.

Its realy the cargo door screen that im concerned about. I can also use a bungee cargo net maybe and thread some surveyor tape through it for contrast?
Old 05-21-2020, 09:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishscott View Post
I saw the RV door ones just now. Thought they did those. Ill probably get one of them.

Its realy the cargo door screen that im concerned about. I can also use a bungee cargo net maybe and thread some surveyor tape through it for contrast?
Oh the joys of big dogs... Let me confirm that the plastic latch that is "SUPPOSED" to keep the screen door latched when the main door is open... Is not capable of keeping that door shut - no matter what you put on the screen door to protect the screen from being torn apart from an excited 1-yellow Lab 2- Red Lab 3- border Collie - - that want to go out and play. I have 2-3 packages of spare parts for the screen door latch that I keep in our Seneca... to repair when Shhhhh It happens!

I can offer no help on the Toy hauler door... my fur-kids have broken thru our friends screen going in and out -
Attached Thumbnails
20190420_192321.jpg  
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote