Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2018, 01:52 PM   #1

storage

Anyone else have an x18d how do you store for the winter?

I;m thinking carport/cover but want to know how others are doing it
mitegserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:57 PM   #2

Our X20E is our second hybrid trailer. The first was an '03 Jayco Kiwi 17a purchased new and traded after 10 great years with it. Our '13 X20E is the replacement. We park it next to our house (attached garage actually) on a gravel pad. We have never covered our trailers, including the pop-up we had prior to the Kiwi. I keep them waxed and clean though I have experienced some fading of decals on the Kiwi and the front panel of the X20E. Otherwise nothing earth-shattering.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitegserk View Post
Anyone else have an x18d how do you store for the winter?

I;m thinking carport/cover but want to know how others are doing it

Welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #4

DocBrown you get quite a bit of snow and rain there?
mitegserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:43 PM   #5

We have it parked next to the house with a cover. The house offers some protection from the wind (minimize flapping of the cover) and the cover offers a lot of protection from dust, dirt, falling leafs, bird droppings, UV rays, etc.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #6

It depends. This summer, lots of rain. The past couple of winters we've a heavy month here and there. And some dry months.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 09:42 PM   #7

We just bought our X23B brand new at the end of Jun. Prior to this, we had a Viking popup for several years. The popup went in the back yard and covered with a tarp for the winter. Easy enough, it was low and only had a single roof vent. If we had snow, I had the kids go out and clean it off. With this one, there are a lot of humps and bumps on the roof. Vent and skylight in the bathroom, air conditioner, TV and radio antenna, roof drain spouts. I contacted our local county fairgrounds. They offer covered and either secured or unsecured storage. Secured meaning in a locked building, unsecured meaning in a open access covered area. Unsecured is $2.25 per foot from the tip of the hitch to the back bumper. Secured is $3.52 per foot. If I take the spare tire off the back bumper, my trailer is right at 25 feet. I'm opting for unsecured for a total of 56.25 per month. They prorate partial months and ask you to pay upfront thru the end of Dec. When you pick up the trailer, they figure out what the balance due is and collect that amount before the trailer is released. You must pick up your unit before 30 Apr or the storage fee doubles. Wanna get you camper out and bring it back in? $40 charge. You have to remove the propane tanks and batteries (motorhomes can leave them installed but they will be disconnected) but to me that is reasonable. I'm planning on taking mine in sometime around the end of Oct thru the end of Mar. Less than $300 to protect my investment. Look around your area, there might be something similar. Ask your local dealers, friends that own campers, see if they have any info for you. And yes even though we are in California, we do get a little snow.
Attached Thumbnails
Lil snow.jpg  
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote