Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-30-2021, 06:59 PM   #1

Taking Pinnicle to Indy for Repairs Questions

I have to take my 5th wheel into the Factory for the sidewall repair. Can anyone who has been there answer a few questions.

1) What are the hours
2) Can you drop it off on a Saturday (Like a night drop off) ?
3) Do they have a place to open up the RV and plug in so we can sleep there before returning home ?
4) If question 3 is no then does anyone recommend any Hotels or camp grounds near by ?

Thanks

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Jayco Pinnacle 36SSWS (Louise)
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
pawags45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
I have to take my 5th wheel into the Factory for the sidewall repair. Can anyone who has been there answer a few questions.

1) What are the hours
2) Can you drop it off on a Saturday (Like a night drop off) ?
3) Do they have a place to open up the RV and plug in so we can sleep there before returning home ?
4) If question 3 is no then does anyone recommend any Hotels or camp grounds near by ?

Thanks
When we were there they started at 6:00 am. I don't think they will allow you to drop it off unattended since the drop-off lot is open. Once they accept it they move it to a fenced yard. Yes they have elec and water hook-up as well as a dump station. There used to be 2 spaces in front of the Service Center and other spots at the ENTEGRA service building. IIRC the ENTEGRA spots are elec only. There is also a KOA in Middlebury.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
When we were there they started at 6:00 am. I don't think they will allow you to drop it off unattended since the drop-off lot is open. Once they accept it they move it to a fenced yard. Yes they have elec and water hook-up as well as a dump station. There used to be 2 spaces in front of the Service Center and other spots at the ENTEGRA service building. IIRC the ENTEGRA spots are elec only. There is also a KOA in Middlebury.
Thanks Grumpy. Just waiting on a date to drop it off now.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
2019 Chevelet Silverado 3500 Dully Duramax Engine (Allison Transmission) (Thelma)
Old 04-30-2021, 09:13 PM   #4

We visited in March 2018 for a repair. Too chilly to stay in trailer after being south for 2.5 months
They had snow the day before we arrived. As Grumpy said they start early. We met at 7:00am
We chose to stay in shipshiwana about 8 miles away at the Farmstead Inn. We shopped in shipsy and surrounding area. It was very much off season. Check out the cheese place between shipy and Middlebury. Worth the stop if you like cheese. Lots of different varieties and samples.

When warmer we have camped in shipy. Took in the flea market.
One of the wife's favourite places.
If you stick around the area the RV museum can put in a few hours there.

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
We visited in March 2018 for a repair. Too chilly to stay in trailer after being south for 2.5 months
They had snow the day before we arrived. As Grumpy said they start early. We met at 7:00am
We chose to stay in shipshiwana about 8 miles away at the Farmstead Inn. We shopped in shipsy and surrounding area. It was very much off season. Check out the cheese place between shipy and Middlebury. Worth the stop if you like cheese. Lots of different varieties and samples.

When warmer we have camped in shipy. Took in the flea market.
One of the wife's favourite places.
If you stick around the area the RV museum can put in a few hours there.

RoadrunnerII
Thanks do you know if they allow dogs at that Hotel ?

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 04-30-2021, 10:00 PM   #6

I did not see any in the Inn
There was a quilting bee going on in the hotel. Quilts everywhere. Sewing machines filled a large hall

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 10:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerII View Post
I did not see any in the Inn
There was a quilting bee going on in the hotel. Quilts everywhere. Sewing machines filled a large hall

RoadrunnerII
Thanks

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 05-02-2021, 05:56 PM   #8

We were just up at the service center in Middlebury the middle of April for our second visit. The first time was last year and we dropped it on Labor day. We had coordinated that with our service advisor. They can be a bit hard to get hold of but are very helpful when you do. I would ask them those questions since they know the area.

There does appear to be a KOA campground north of town on Highway 13 just south of the Indiana toll road, if that's the way you are traveling. The service center is on Highway 13
Demco 18K Autoslide Hitch and Timbrens
2019 Ford F350 SB 6.7L Diesel (Gone)
Radar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar57 View Post
We were just up at the service center in Middlebury the middle of April for our second visit. The first time was last year and we dropped it on Labor day. We had coordinated that with our service advisor. They can be a bit hard to get hold of but are very helpful when you do. I would ask them those questions since they know the area.

There does appear to be a KOA campground north of town on Highway 13 just south of the Indiana toll road, if that's the way you are traveling. The service center is on Highway 13
Grumpy mentioned the KOA. I am a Thousand Trails Member and saw there is one not to far away. Just have to YouTube that camp ground to see the reviews. With Thousand trails you have to be careful. Some of there Camp Grounds are fantastic and others not so good at all.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 05-02-2021, 06:40 PM   #10
RPR

From your question number 3 looks like you are doing a quick turn a round when dropping off. If so there is a Hampton Inn right there at Hwy 13 and 20. Might check out their rules on dogs.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpr View Post
from your question number 3 looks like you are doing a quick turn a round when dropping off. If so there is a hampton inn right there at hwy 13 and 20. Might check out their rules on dogs.
no pets......
Old 05-02-2021, 07:00 PM   #12

Decided to leave my Wife home with the dogs. ( her idea not mine) Hopefully one of my brothers can go with me to keep me company. If not I used to drive over the road. So 10hrs each way will be ok for me.

I just wish I knew when. But I just got the ok from the Customer service representative last week and she said she would let me know something when she gets the information from the factory service dept.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 05-02-2021, 07:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawags45 View Post
Decided to leave my Wife home with the dogs. ( her idea not mine) Hopefully one of my brothers can go with me to keep me company. If not I used to drive over the road. So 10hrs each way will be ok for me.
If you do that the Hampton Inn is right across the street from the visitor center and just up the street from the service center.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:40 PM   #14

Ok thanks.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:30 PM   #15

Heard back today from Customer service. They are going to replace the entire sidewall with a sidewall that has the expansion joint or beam (not really sure what to call it ?) but they say this will fix it. I think I read on the sidewall crack page that people had this done and it worked. They are shooting for after the season around Oct 25 or after.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 05-05-2021, 06:50 PM   #16

Update : Customer service called back this morning and said January 03, 2022 is my date. I ask if they could help with the fuel cost and they agreed to do so for at least one way. Just hope it does not snow and I can get it there. I really want this work done once and for all. I think they are on the right track now that they are replacing the entire sidewall with one that had the expansion joint built into it.

Going to stay at the Hampton Inn (Thanks Grumpy for the suggestion) Since the Camper will be winterized at that point I don't want to use it.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA
Old 05-12-2021, 12:25 PM   #17

Do you guys know if the sidewall crack issue was resolved in 2019? Our 2020 Pinnacle 36SSWS is ok thus far however I'm wondering if this is something we have to look forward to?

2020 Pinnacle 36SSWS
2013 Ram 3500 diesel dually, Aisin 3:42, Anderson Ultimate gooseball hitch, TPMS, Timbrens
fsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 01:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsimms View Post
Do you guys know if the sidewall crack issue was resolved in 2019? Our 2020 Pinnacle 36SSWS is ok thus far however I'm wondering if this is something we have to look forward to?
My 2019 36SSWS I bought in Feb 2019 was ok until Nov, 2020 then one small crack started at the bottom left corner of the Bedroom slide. I then drove it home 490 miles and a larger crack started about a foot or so from the first crack. I don't think it's a matter of if you get it. From what I understand it's a matter of when you get it. I read on the sidewall crack thread that they fixed this in the 2021 Models. The new sidewall that they are giving me is suppose to have this fix in it.

Larry Wagner
Stewartstown PA