Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #1

Trailer Life Opinions

Wrote a letter to Trailer Life Resolutions two weeks ago, about our 29 month battle with Jayco on uncompleted warranty work.Attached is the letter they sent to Jayco 03-12-18.Will keep you posted on Jayco's response if any. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf edit trailer life.PDF (64.7 KB, 110 views)
bdreinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 01:46 PM   #2

I hope you get a good resolution.
I do find it interesting that Trailer Life is connected with Good Sam who is connected to Camping World, a company who generates a lot of complaints. Nothing to do with your situation, just thought interesting they are helping to resolve complaints.

2012 Eagle Super Lite HT 26.5RKS
2005 GMC 2500 SLT HD D/A
troutslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #3

That sure is a very generic cover, seems to me they just do this to make paying customers feel good. I would be very curious if you ever hear back from Jayco. Good Luck.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 06:51 AM   #4

Not sure I would think about this approach, hope for positive outcome.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreinv View Post
Wrote a letter to Trailer Life Resolutions two weeks ago, about our 29 month battle with Jayco on uncompleted warranty work.Attached is the letter they sent to Jayco 03-12-18.Will keep you posted on Jayco's response if any. Thanks
I hope you mentioned the dealer in your letter since JAYCO does not have direct control over them.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I hope you mentioned the dealer in your letter since JAYCO does not have direct control over them.
I Agree, and my impression discussing it with Jayco, What is the solution? With the RV industry and turnover of service personnel. And warranty service of dealers being the lowest priority. I have no clue what the fix is. But I hope you get action with your letters.
shadester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:21 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadester View Post
I Agree, and my impression discussing it with Jayco, What is the solution? .......But I hope you get action with your letters.
You have to find a reputable dealer........X-2
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:33 AM   #8

I did not know all the connections to Trailer Life! Maybe the reason for so little regulations on the RV industry is one thing! Sales Tax the cities and states rake it in millions and millions of dollars! Who gonna bite the hand that feeds them?In Phoenix there are RV dealers on almost every other corner lol.Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
100_0357.1584.jpg  
Old 03-18-2018, 07:44 PM   #9

Jayco is as much or more so to blame for this situation, they are the manufacture and their responsibility to produce a quality product free of defects. As long as we, the customer, except this as a "dealer" issue then it will not be resolved. Taking this directly to Jayco is the proper step and if more customers did the same wonder how long before the noise and static would change their manufacturing methods?

As an example dare anyone to pull their thermostat off the wall, is the access hole in the wall a neatly drilled hole made with degree of professionalism or is it a rough hole randomly knocked out with a hammer? Where else is this approach taken that the end buyer is unaware of, what else is hidden?
TheB2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheB2B View Post
Jayco is as much or more so to blame for this situation, they are the manufacture and their responsibility to produce a quality product free of defects. As long as we, the customer, except this as a "dealer" issue then it will not be resolved. Taking this directly to Jayco is the proper step and if more customers did the same wonder how long before the noise and static would change their manufacturing methods?

As an example dare anyone to pull their thermostat off the wall, is the access hole in the wall a neatly drilled hole made with degree of professionalism or is it a rough hole randomly knocked out with a hammer? Where else is this approach taken that the end buyer is unaware of, what else is hidden?
In a prefect world this may be true, but its not and will never happen in this industry, you get what you get. Pull the t-stat off your wall at home, same thing big hole the drywaller made with his hammer to get the wire through. After 30 years of building homes you would not believe what trades people do to get the job done, most of it now hidden behind drywall. If it wasn't for outside inspections and the state licensing board willing to levy 10k fines and revoking a builders license for bad workmanship on a complaint filed by a homeowner. I don't ever see this type of oversight happening in the RV industry, its like the wild west and they do as the wish and answer to no one. Guess I got lucky during my warranty period with only a few small problems that my dealer took care of by sending me the parts I requested, I didn't mind doing my own repairs since it saved me a 280 mile round trip.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:25 PM   #11

Quote:

I changed out my thermostat for a digital one and it was a perfectly cut hole. Many on here have changed their thermostat so your not shocking anyone with your dare lol. If you don’t like the product don’t buy. I’m on my second Jayco and they have both been better quality than family members who have bought other brands...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 09:02 PM   #12

When we had our trailer and I changed over to a digital T-stat the hole was cut in. When i changed over the 2 digital T-stat in the Bungalow the hole was cut in.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 05:59 AM   #13

The wall behind my thermostat, hole to the left is one I made when upgrading to a programmable thermostat. The opening to the right is from the builder and it is not a hole hammered into the wall, it's a hole drilled into the drywall. Now the installer managed to hit a stud behind the drywall but point being didn't use a hammer.

I'll post some examples of build techniques from my current camper later on today once the sun comes up. Sure it won't surprise anybody.
Attached Thumbnails
20180319_063546.jpg  
TheB2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:32 AM   #14

When we pulled off the Go Power sticker in the hall for the solar controller.I think they may have used a hammer also! And the 8g wires were reversed no surprise!
Old 03-19-2018, 12:19 PM   #15

Quote:
, it's a hole drilled into the drywall. Now the installer managed to hit a stud behind the drywall but point being didn't use a hammer.
I have never seen a drywall installer use a hole saw for anything, they use a rotozip to go around outlets, recessed lights, etc. If anything that hole was made with a keyhole saw, and the t-stat wire is always fastened to a stud, usually with a wire staple to hold it in place so it doesn't get buried in the wall