Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2021, 08:04 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post
The Lockpick Lawyer says he "probably buy this". That's about as good of endorsement as you can get from him.

https://youtu.be/XXUpB_BrriY
I like his videos! The cheap tire clamp locks he pops them open scary quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randel J View Post
My son is in law enforcement and says in his area, the "professional" thieves will back up to a trailer with hitch and pin locks installed and will wrap the safety chains around their truck hitch and simply drive away.

They then drive around the corner somewhere close by and then take their time cutting off any hitch lock and pin lock. They remove the trailer license plate and replace it with a stolen plate. Then off they go to sell the stolen trailer for money and/or drugs. My son says the experienced thieves can steal the trailer and have it ready to drive far away in way under 15 minutes.

Good luck protecting our valuable asset!
My neighbor is a roofer. One man show, he is also cheap, rather relax than fix something. The coupler on his dump trailer has been broken for over a year. He just wraps his chains around the tongue and goes. Scary thought about what might happen.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:31 AM   #22

I am lucky I keep mine in a fenced yard under a carport. Door is connected to my SimpliSafe and I have a camera. I am in a stilt house so like being in a tree stand. The best part I keep my 12 ga pump at the door. As a back up
I keep a watch bear in my yard.
Attached Thumbnails
2E6A8D69-18D3-4A22-A3F8-50CE61AD6CFA.jpeg  
2016 Pinnacle FBTS Traded
Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 11:34 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagiven View Post
I like his videos! The cheap tire clamp locks he pops them open scary quick.
I bought a $100 Kryptonite chain lock for my wife's ebike based on his review.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Don't count on that forever. Small towns and surrounding areas are often high unemployment areas coupled with heavy meth use. Many rural areas across the country have serious problems with both. I would never have thought northern WI would ever have this happening, but meth use and trailer thefts are rampant up there.
About 9 years ago, our county sheriff attended a meeting of law enforcement officers and in that meeting he happened to ask the question, "Do you know how many concealed weapons permits there are in the city and county of San Francisco with a population of a little over 700K people? ZERO., If you're lucky enough to live in Los Angeles county, there's one permit issued for every 36,700 people. In our county, there's 1 permit for every 39 adults." I'm certain that number has increased in the intervening years. No wonder our crime rate is low.
2021 Keystone Cougar 27SABWE
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:47 PM   #25
Site Team

snip...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I keep a watch bear in my yard.
We were going to get another dog to alert us, but I like your idea. Looked on Amazon, couldn't find any watch bears offered there.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 06:45 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
About 9 years ago, our county sheriff attended a meeting of law enforcement officers and in that meeting he happened to ask the question, "Do you know how many concealed weapons permits there are in the city and county of San Francisco with a population of a little over 700K people? ZERO., If you're lucky enough to live in Los Angeles county, there's one permit issued for every 36,700 people. In our county, there's 1 permit for every 39 adults." I'm certain that number has increased in the intervening years. No wonder our crime rate is low.

I'm sure those stats are similar for most rural areas. Ever been in WI's north woods? Everyone carries up there. Many of them open carry. My point is, meth heads don't care. Don't let your guard down.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 08:47 AM   #27

Quote:
I bought a $100 Kryptonite chain lock for my wife's ebike based on his review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
snip...

We were going to get another dog to alert us, but I like your idea. Looked on Amazon, couldn't find any watch bears offered there.
Probably all the Amazon watch bears are stuck on a container ship!
Old 10-30-2021, 10:00 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit12 View Post
San Francisco actually has a city ordnance stating you are not even allowed to own a weapon in City Limits.. But the ordnance isn't valid for those of us that are licensed CCW holders from having your firearm on possession within public areas in their city. Kind of funny
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 10:24 AM   #29

NY is the same freakin way. On my 12 acre camp
I cannot have a handgun. What BS. Thank God my fulltime home is in Fl. I had to buy 10 round clips for my SW MP 22. It kinda blows driving thru blue states when I am used to carrying fulltime here.