Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-18-2020, 09:51 AM   #1

Warranty issues

I am posting this hear just to see if anyone has had similar issues this year and i am also hoping Jayco corp reads these post.

I have had a trailer in for a awning issue on about July 16 the parts were ordered and I still don't have them. On 8/12 jayco created a UPS label to pick up the part and there has been no activity since. The service Mgr at my dealer says he doing all he can and is frustrated, but I am as well. I feel the response is shameful .

Has any seen similar issues and can anyone give a hint to help solve this

Thanks
Chuck
78spster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:01 AM   #2

Everyone is waiting for the slow boat from China.
Old and soft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:02 AM   #3

Write a certified letter to Jayco and outline what actions have been taken and the time since the warranty work has started. Jayco should respond to that with a speedier repair.

Read your warranty, there should be a section that outlines what should be done if repairs take too long.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:40 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78spster View Post
I am posting this hear just to see if anyone has had similar issues this year and i am also hoping Jayco corp reads these post.

I have had a trailer in for a awning issue on about July 16 the parts were ordered and I still don't have them. On 8/12 jayco created a UPS label to pick up the part and there has been no activity since. The service Mgr at my dealer says he doing all he can and is frustrated, but I am as well. I feel the response is shameful .

Has any seen similar issues and can anyone give a hint to help solve this

Thanks
Chuck
They can't ship something they don't have. All 3rd party parts come from the particular manufacturer (CAREFREE, A&E or LIPPERT). What brand awning do you have? The dealer should be able to contact them directly. The warranty specifically states that is who is responsible for that coverage and those parts.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:45 AM   #5
CAG

Those taking units in to the dealer or even mom and pop shops need to consider that thousands, and I do mean thousands have bought new or used RVs in the past few months. I have no doubts that many went back in for warranty or other repairs/adjustments. A year ago the wait time was weeks, if not months for repairs. That was before the rush on RVs. On top of this many businesses, including RV manufacturers are running with reduced staff. Put all of that together and you see what we have.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Those taking units in to the dealer or even mom and pop shops need to consider that thousands, and I do mean thousands have bought new or used RVs in the past few months. I have no doubts that many went back in for warranty or other repairs/adjustments. A year ago the wait time was weeks, if not months for repairs. That was before the rush on RVs. On top of this many businesses, including RV manufacturers are running with reduced staff. Put all of that together and you see what we have.
And it's not just the manufacturers of the campers, it's the component manufacturers as well. And their vendors, and so on. All the way down to the raw materials; EVERYTHING has been affected, and unfortunately, that means LOTS longer lead times in the supply chain from top to bottom.

I recently ordered a cover for my Jeep. Simple enough, right? First estimated in-stock date was September 17. Now they're saying October 18. I would consider cancelling the order, but I want that item at that price, so I'll wait to avoid paying at least 2x more for something different (that may or may not be in stock).

It's simply just harder to get stuff across the board right now. And in the RV industry, it's not like they were fast BEFORE all this mess.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:10 PM   #7

I had a window recall and a window was ordered by the dealership at the end of May. In August I was beyond frustrated and called/emailed Jayco several times before they actually shipped the replacement window. There is customer service contact info on the Jayco website. Call and email them.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:36 PM   #8

I was in a bit of rain with the awning out and it colapsed. Snapped off the end and bent the outer arm and snapped the smaller inner arm. Its only 2-3 months since I got it. What are my options should it not of auto dumped, or am I gonna half to eat this bill. I'd appreciate some help thanks.
Jayco6 is offline   Reply With Quote