Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #11

Here is the link to the post I was talking about

https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ghlight=28dsbh

2014 Whitehawk 33BHBS
Equilizer WDH
2014 F250 4X4 Crew Cab 6.2 l 3.73
2010 F150 4X4 Supercrew 4.6l 3.73 (traded in)
t2daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #12

Thanks for all the info Tim. Very helpful!

Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #13

We went from a 25' camper to the 28dsbh, which is almost 32' including the tongue. As far as towing, it tows as well. As easy as, if not easier, than our previous 25' trailer. Where I notice the difference is going around corners (I have to swing much wider). And backing in to spaces (have to start turning much earlier). I am not sure if this is due to the length, the wide stance axles, or a combination of the two. But you do get used to it. Btw, I am towing with a Silverado CC with the 5.3L.

We got our 28dsbh in July of 2013 and have used it several times. So far we are pleased. It is our first Jayco and so far we are very happy. The only issue we had with ours so far are the doors under the dinette seats, I pulled the hinges right out. Not a big deal to me I just reattached using L brackets and we only access that storage space from under the seat cushions now. Which is not a big deal because we only store larger items under there.
pmfinnegan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 05:36 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmfinnegan2 View Post
We went from a 25' camper to the 28dsbh, which is almost 32' including the tongue. As far as towing, it tows as well. As easy as, if not easier, than our previous 25' trailer. Where I notice the difference is going around corners (I have to swing much wider). And backing in to spaces (have to start turning much earlier). I am not sure if this is due to the length, the wide stance axles, or a combination of the two. But you do get used to it. Btw, I am towing with a Silverado CC with the 5.3L.

We got our 28dsbh in July of 2013 and have used it several times. So far we are pleased. It is our first Jayco and so far we are very happy. The only issue we had with ours so far are the doors under the dinette seats, I pulled the hinges right out. Not a big deal to me I just reattached using L brackets and we only access that storage space from under the seat cushions now. Which is not a big deal because we only store larger items under there.
Good to hear you are enjoying it! I'm sure I'll have a learning curve with mine as well.
Caleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #15

X2,X3,&X4 on the wide turns. Almost learned this the hard way on my trip home [400 miles] from the dealer pickup. After an overnite I was turning in to a gas station to get coffee. Entrance was wide and the lot was empty, because the STATION WAS STILL CLOSED! Thought I went plenty wide for the R hand entry, but Kabam as I drug the R side tires across a deep culvert. Fortunately the wider stance of the White Hawk axles allowed the front axle to bridge most of the gap before the rear one dropped. My momentum was enough to pull thru the problem and no damage done. Had that been 6" wider or a concrete post of some side, I would have really trashed out a brand new TT. In the end, it has taught me a big lesson. These longer trailers need really really wide turns, especially right turns. I think this is a combination of the extra length, but it seems 2/3s or more of the extra length is in front of the axles making your tow more like an 18 wheeler. Note the warning on the back of the trailer on many of the big rigs "This vehicle makes wide turns". I'm putting a piece of tape with the same message on my dash. I always tried to avoid tight drive lanes in/out of gas stations etc and frequently parked in a neighboring big box store parking lot rather than entering that resturant lot. Since I also upgraded the TV to a Duramax, I will be very selective in the stations I enter and the location of the diesel pumps.

My White Hawk is pretty much ready for our trip south in Jan. Just needs final packing and a few pre trip checks [tire pressures, battery check, driving lites, and make sure all interior items are properly stowed.

Enjoy your new TT.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:18 PM   #16

Had ours last year and the space is perfect for my wife and two boys Even when grandma stays the night or they have friends out. We went out 12 times last year and we pull it with a Tahoe and it does just fine.