Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-21-2020, 07:22 PM   #1

Wired for Solar

Hello,
I have a 2020 Greyhawk. Bought it used and am having a hard time finding what they have done in the pre-wire for solar work. Contacted Jayco and did get some basic wiring diagrams. Asked RV service and they say the wires I found were for a second air conditioning unit?? Can someone take a look at this picture and let me know what I am looking at?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0379.jpg  
AZRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:10 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

Looks like thermostat wiring.

For solar, go take a look in your compartments with a flashlight, up in the rear top of the compartments, and look for a black cover plate. On my rig, it's in the compartment to the left of the entry door, and my batteries are in the stairs. The wiring connection for solar might be in the compartment, and the pre-wire connections on the roof.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 01:59 PM   #3

Solar Ready

Thanks RetiredOne,
I found the box as you said. Also thanks to the reply about the wires I found being for a fan. I guess that makes sense although not sure what the T-stat line and phone cord are for.
So, wired for solare means they put connectors on the roof and ran the 10guage down to the lower compartment? Did you install a heat sensor? Did you run communication to your inverter? Did you put the charge controller inside? If so where? I did a full house inverter and solar on a 5th wheel but it was old and I did not mind digging into the walls.
AZRV is offline   Reply With Quote