Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2020, 01:49 PM   #21

Jayco 31 UL

We purchased our 31 UL at the end of April 2019 and have spent 231 nights in it so far. 7,000 miles and 31 RV Parks out West in 2019 and 5 months this past winter in Naples, FL. Did the front end alignment to increase the Caster and it made a significant difference in the steering. Added Summo springs front and back before leaving FL. Will be adding the trac bar in the back before our summer trip. We love it and it is our "forever RV."
jaycojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 02:38 PM   #22

Steering/handling

Don’t know why you would have to spend an extra $5k after paying 129 k for it but that s what we did and it did not make a bit of difference. We put 10,000 miles from Oregon to Tampa and back. It was so scary driving my wife was screaming in fear. Never again...
If I knew how, I would upload movies she took while I was driving.
Old 05-30-2020, 02:42 PM   #23

Hello

We moved up from a Thor Ace to a Jayco Alante 31 AL. We are very happy to get out of the THOR. Good luck with your Preceipt. If you ever get out to the Big Mtns give us a buzz. We live at 5800' el. and were not in the mtns. yet
Mike
Highlands Ranch, CO
Micikas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 03:13 PM   #24

Welcome Mickey! I'm also a new Precept 31UL owner this year. We were out for a month in February and loved it! Drove fine as far as I'm concerned.
Djnock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:30 PM   #25

Welcome! We did the same thing. We traded in our bought new 2018 vegas for a 2016 pecept 31 ul. With 7 k on the meter. The precept is a delight. With the j ride + i don't even know the 18 wheelers re passing me! It's a quality coach in every respect. Good luck with it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
SalzerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:20 AM   #26

We're new too, with a new-to-us 31UL

We haven't even picked it up yet... soon!
Where do you guys get that cool USA graphic that you color in, presumably the states you've visited!?!
Pete_Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:09 AM   #27

Thanks, all. As for the ride and handling quality, this Precept is better "out of the box" than our Thor was even after I did the Cheap Handling Fix and installed a steering stabilizer! I would imagine that the extra wheelbase and weight, the "JRide", and the 22.5" wheels of the Precept have much to do with that. I think Jayco hit the sweet spot with the 31UL.

Regardless, I'll be adding a stabilizer (it arrived Friday), as I'm sold on the safety factor, and it'll add even more stability.

Sorry, Extreme, that you had such bad luck with yours, but good to hear from those of you that are pleased with yours.

And if you're passing through the Smokies, let me know - coffee's hot and the adult beverages are cold!

Mickey
MRichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 12:25 PM   #28

Hi all Precept fans
We have a 2018 31UL love it after installed the steering stabilizer. (Roadmaster )Just came back from having warranty work done (Yes Over 2 Years) Driver side window replaced twice, passenger side once, (They just did that) Air mattress bed leaked , Fan in kitchen not opening, new starting battery, new step, new transfer relay, glad to done with C.W.

Also put a new Truma Water Heater in on my own. no one told me that it did not have the freeze protection upgrade.

Would like to know more about the camber wheel alinement
ChuckK is offline   Reply With Quote