Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-08-2017, 08:35 PM   #1

Red face Help with Winterizing 2017 Jayco Pinnacle

Hi everyone! Hoping to get some help please. Purchased 2017 Jayco Pinnacle and getting ready to winterize for the first time. Can someone tell me what to do with our Demand Tankless Water Heater? It's Model GSWH-2. The Owners Manual says to add antifreeze however, the Pinnacle Owners Manual says NOT to use antifreeze? Very confused as to what to do. Also need to know how to winterize the Frigidaire Gallery - antifreeze or not? We use the ice/water dispenser. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as have tried to call our Service Tech and get no answer!
tbrock2910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 10:45 PM   #2

I wouldn't worry about anti-freeze. After you have completed your check list I would ensure all low point drains are opened. The ice maker/fridge? If you hold down the rocker switch to the on position for 10-15sec it will demand a cycle of ice and this will pump Anti-freeze into the ice maker. Don't be in a hurry this is something that takes 15-20min, you will need to demand cycle several times (until pink). How are you doin with the tanks? Are you adding AF to the fresh water tank?

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaandDon View Post
I wouldn't worry about anti-freeze. After you have completed your check list I would ensure all low point drains are opened. The ice maker/fridge? If you hold down the rocker switch to the on position for 10-15sec it will demand a cycle of ice and this will pump Anti-freeze into the ice maker. Don't be in a hurry this is something that takes 15-20min, you will need to demand cycle several times (until pink). How are you doin with the tanks? Are you adding AF to the fresh water tank?
Thanks for reply. We awoke this AM to NO WATER at all? Supposed to have "Winter Package" on camper! In SW IN temp in teens?!?! Also, do we blow out lines with compressor? Is there another way? Not loving my Jayco right now. Husband is standing with hairdryer outside trying to resolve?? No not putting AF in fresh water tank.
Old 12-09-2017, 09:27 AM   #4

Did you run the trailer's propane furnace last night? Heat from that furnace heats the underbelly where the water lines run.

Have you checked the water supply hose that runs from the spigot/faucet to your trailer? Very often water in that line freezes first because there is no insulation.

It's only been about 12 hours (over night) since your first post. Really that is a very short time for folks on a forum like this to respond. I'm sure you'll be hearing from more later today regarding your other winterizing questions.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 01:13 PM   #5

Help

Yes, we ran the furnace last night as well as today. We are currently living in RV. If the hose is hooked up directly to the spigot everything works after my husband stood for nearly 2 hours with a hairdryer on the pipes. We currently have a heater sitting in front of pipes. He has put AF in all lines at this point with the exception of the Refrig. We cannot get any water or AF flow thru the water dispenser on the fridge and have no idea why. I have called the location that we bought from and they were NO HELP - wanted us to bring it in for the weekend.
Old 12-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock2910 View Post
Yes, we ran the furnace last night as well as today. We are currently living in RV. If the hose is hooked up directly to the spigot everything works after my husband stood for nearly 2 hours with a hairdryer on the pipes. We currently have a heater sitting in front of pipes. He has put AF in all lines at this point with the exception of the Refrig. We cannot get any water or AF flow thru the water dispenser on the fridge and have no idea why. I have called the location that we bought from and they were NO HELP - wanted us to bring it in for the weekend.
If one of the outside 'pipes' you are talking about is the outside hose, there are heated hoses available.

EDIT: One of your posts said you have the 'Winter Package'.
If you are living in the unit and keeping it heated, that should prevent trailer water lines from freezing (there should be a heat from the furnace into the under belly of the trailer). After filling the trailer's fresh water tank and using the trailer's pump, you could remove the outside water hose.

I believe there are one or more water shutoff valves for the fridge for some units with ice makers. Check your notes from your PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection). The valves were (or should have been) covered the PDI. Sorry, but I have no idea where the valves might be.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote