Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-04-2021, 09:56 PM   #1

So excited

Hey there folks,

Living in Ontario Canada with major travel restrictions has forced us to reconsider vacations. We typically travel around the world to visit family and stay at hotels nearby. We cannot do that anymore. So we have decided to give this a go. So far we have only brought the trailer back from where it was being kept. Upon backing it into the driveway I bottomed out and was left there thinking can I return this thing. Having just handed over hard earned money and not wanting to show the wife I was panicked I remembered what some of my friends would do with their ridiculously lowered cars and said -hunny I’ve got this- and backed in on an angle I thought was not going to work but hey do damage done. That being my first experience I was left worried and could not sleep with the idea of not being able to confidently pull in and out of my own driveway. So I put on the conversion kit by drexter worked great and now I have a height problem but that is one I prefer over the alternative. I am currently looking for double or triple steps for the trailer. My flange to flange door opening is 20 and 1/4” wide. Anyways I’ve gone off topics but I have used your site for some very helpful information and I figured I might be able to answer some questions along the way.
Attached Thumbnails
6BAD446D-D083-434C-AE19-EF6AF27C8D67.jpg  
MiniJayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 10:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State, and congratulations on the Jayco! We're glad you've joined us!

Answering questions, and helping out is what we do best. The experience, knowledge, and friendliness that our JOF family has here, is amazing.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:23 AM   #3

I just did a spring over kit for the same reason by using the Dexter kit because I had a Dexter axle and it was an easy install. I also needed to change the steps. I got a reply from another forum member about using the nice Lippert steps that secure in the doorway but their smallest set is wider than my door. I called Jayco and got the supposed part number that I needed and when it it got here it is a 24" step not 24" opening in the frame. We have not put our 228BHSE Flagstaff on the market and I got to looking at it and it is the exact step that we need. Our dealer handles both and has ordered us one from Flagstaff. I expect the steps to be here this week if you can't get them figured out I will give you the part number when I get them. try this place. https://robertssales.com/.
FishNFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:23 AM   #4

Welcome from Northeast Illinois.

2022 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Crew Cab 3.0L Duramax 4WD
2019 Jayco Jay Flight SLX 298BH
2013 Jayco Jay 1206 (Sold)
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:41 AM   #5

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your first TT.
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 08:50 AM   #6

Welcome from Northern Ontario!
Old 05-05-2021, 02:37 PM   #7

Hey all. I feel great for having joined. If anyone in Ontario has some good spots to boondock just pm me ��
MiniJayco is offline   Reply With Quote